Almost Doesn't Count

Three month's have passed since I returned Ivy to her apartment. After her hearing what had happened to her it all became clear, her hatred toward men. I had thought that maybe it was just me she acted out on but it was all men that caught her wrath. I understood why she had that tattoo. I understood why she became a lawyer in a high crime city and I understood her need to put those men behind bars.

My plan was to off her but truth be told, I knew I wouldn't be able to do it before I even walked into the pit. Then once she sobbed my name out a strange feeling fell upon me. A feeling I don't want. I never want to feel anything for anybody again. The drill and menacing word's were meant to scare her and it did the job. I watched as this resilient, strong, hard headed woman crumbled before me. Ivy realized she wasn't as tough as she pretended to be. Ivy realized that I wouldn't take her sassy attitude, that I would put her in her place. Ivy obeyed me and in doing so revealed her true self to me.

I saw the real woman behind the power suit and spikey heels. I saw pass her facade and resting bitch face. I knew what caused her so much pain and resentment. I will not lie, when she freaked out after I removed her shirt I was confused. Of course I figured she'd be scared but she asked for death instead of rape. Which rape never crossed my mind. I was simply trying to terrify her by placing the drill near  her heart but the traumatized look and her word's froze me. Suddenly I had to know what had happened to her and I felt the need to protect her.

True, I forced her to tell me but I'm glad I know. It all made sense now. Seeing her hang her head in shame pissed me off more than it should. I wanted to hurt someone, something. Knowing that she felt she was undeserving of love, worthy enough, probably even thinking it was her fault bothered me. I quickly reassured her that she had no reason to be ashamed or have any of those feelings. Also hearing the her ex dropped her over this made my blood rush to my head. He deserves whatever may come his way. It made me also realize why she chose him as a partner. He was a weak man and she could easily push him around. Weak enough that she didn't feel threatened by him as she does other men. In the end as I cleaned her bruised face that I felt like shit for causing, i confessed my sorrows to her.

I have spoken to a soul about Sam's death or my feelings to anyone, yet I confided in her, basically a stranger. I hashed out all the event's of that day, relived the horror and sadness. I admitted that I still visited her grave daily and spoke to her often. I divulged about my apartment telling Ivy how to this day everything remains as it was, as Sam left it. To my relief Ivy didn't say a word other than saying she was sorry for my loss. This is what I needed though, someone to just sit and listen, not judge or tell me what I should do. She didn't look at me as if I was crazy or tell me it was time to let go and move on. Oddly enough, after I finished up my tale I felt relieved. Almost as if a weight had been lifted.

After I had her cleaned up I assured her I would never bother her again as long as she forgot about the Harper's. Shockingly she agreed by giving a simple nod. Obviously I got my point across tonight at how dangerous I could be. My men drove her home where her beloved cat awaited her and that's it. That's the last I've seen of her. No sooner than she was escorted out than I hopped on my bike and raced to visit Sam. For some reason guilt nagged at me for having shared our bittersweet love story to another female. Needless to say I spent the night on the ground by her stone.

As the day's turned into weeks I forgot about Ivy, which there was never nothing there other than the threat she posed to Sam's memory. Naturally I did have my men keep an eye on her just to ensure she did leave my business and family alone. So far they haven't reported back any suspicious news. Thankfully trying to catch up with this new leader in town has kept my mind busy but I do believe I'm on his coattails. As a matter of fact Cole and I are going to scope out a new flashy salsa bar that opened up. We always stay on top of who owns what in this city, yet no owner has been announced or listed. Sounds fishy to me. Just could be the break I need.

We chose a quite booth in the back and viewed the place while carrying on a fake conversation. About an hour in a loud ruckus caught my attention. I heard a female's voice yell "get the fuck off me before I stab you with my shoe".

Looking up I witnessed Ivy shove some dude away from her then turn around and continue to dance with her girlfriends. Watching for a bit longer I saw a couple more men approach her and receive the same outcome. Cole spotted me staring and laughed. "See something ya like man?"

"Fuck off little boy. What I see is trouble".

Cole snorted. "I've got five thousand that says you will get the same reaction from her".

Fuck him to hell I thought. Cole knows I can't turn down a bet. "Your on fuck face".

Standing up, I straightened my tie and approached my pray. Fuck, I just realized how rusty I was. I haven't hit on a girl in year's and my nerves started to bubble up. As I got closer I had to give myself a pep talk. Biting the bullet I stepped on up behind her. Placing my hand on her hip I started moving to the rhythm of the music. As predicted I felt my fingers gripped while being twisted. Ivy swirled around with venom pouring from her invisible fangs. "Get the fuck off me asshole". She snarled.

Her eye's trailed upward until they met mine. A slight gasp of surprise left her lips. The fear and confusion was evident in her stare. "I want to dance with you". I stated.

"Oh, um, I don't dance". She barely said loud enough above the pumping music.

"Looks like you do to me. Now turn back around and let me dance with you". I saw her jaw set in that defiant way of hers but I also knew she was unsure. I assume she was wondering if I'd kill her if she refused me. "I really don't won't to". She insisted.

This girl needs loads of training. She needs to understand that if I ask her something she should comply. Remembering she enjoys weak men to boss around, I put authority in my voice as I spoke. "I'm not asking you Ivy. Now turn around and let's dance".

Eyeing me skeptically she slowly turned around and I pulled her back against me. I snaked my arm around her waist and we began to move. Her movement's were stiff and and slow. It was clear that she was uncomfortable. Leaning down I whispered into her ear. "Loosen up girl. Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you or try anything you want like. I just want a dance. Nothing more."

Instantly her body softened and her dancing went back to normal. Soon she was leaning back into me without me forcing her. She became looser and our hips were gyrating against each other to the beat. Her arm's went up in the air and cane to rest behind my neck. This made the back of her head rest against my chest and her face turn upward. Those plump lips looked so inviting and her bedroom eye's spoke volumes.

As the song changed over so did she. Taking me by surprise she turned around facing me as our hips remained connected. Ivy wrapped her arm's around my neck and I could feel her hand gently rub my neck. She was getting into this as much as I was. Taking it a step further I ran my hand through her hair giving it a gentle tug. A very devilish smile played upon her lips. This was definitely a side of her I'd never seen and it was turning me on something fierce. Her tounge darted out licking her bottom lip and I knew then some of her ice had melted away. Ivy was actually enjoying herself with a man.

I could feel her breasts pressed into me and I ran my hands up her sides. Without thinking I leaned down closer to her face. "Are you having fun sweetpea?" I asked before I knew what I said.

I mean really, where did sweetpea come from. She was anything but seeet. "Yes". Ivy replied in a sexy tone.

The song gave way for another one and Ivy was really feeling it. She closed her eye's and swayed her arm's in the air. At that moment she looked very sexy. Her lips moved along to the lyrics which only enticed me more. As if a spirit had taken over my body and mind I hovered my lips over hers. I could feel her sweet breath fan my face and my bottom lip barely grazed hers. Ivy didn't pull back, instead she inched closer, both of us wanting this. Her lips parted farther apart inviting me in. Placing my hand at the back of her neck I went to close the distance between us. Our lips had barely touched when a vision of Sam smashed it's way into my mind. Like a bolt of lightening I jumped back while pushing her away. The moment was broken and Ivy stared at me in confusion as I was in disbelief at what I almost did. I felt dirty and as if I had betrayed Sam. I ran my thumb over my wedding band that I still wore and gave Ivy a apologetic look before darted off letting the crowd swallow me.

Walking by Cole I simply growled "let's go".

Having witnessed the entire thing, Cole just shook his head and rose.