Forever Friend's

Nearly a week has passed since the entire Harper clan arrived at my door. Not that I mind, I enjoy the company and their help but it is getting crowded. Not to mention staying under the same roof as my ex.

But since our chat on the lawn that night thing's seemed better between us. The friction simmered down and we actually communicated like adults. I'm not saying we were acting like the loving couple we use to be, no this was more like a strong friendship. Demarco hadn't made anymore advances on me and I stopped throwing his mistakes up in his face.

I guess it's fair to say that I did play a part in this. When those evil word's spewed from Ivy's mouth I was so quick to jump the gun and not here my husband out. Instead of staying back and hearing his side, his feelings,  I was so certain he wanted Ivy and flew away. Maybe had I heard him out, fought for him it would've saved our marriage. But no, I ran off and basically let Ivy have at him. In my own way I pushed Demarco closer to her by not being there. But it's all over now, in the past. We can't undo it, erase it. Now we must live our own lives the best way we can.

Jax had came through on his end. After planting false evidence on a man my stepdad hung out with they now had a new suspect. Normally I would feel horrid for setting up an innocent person but this guy wasn't exactly a saint. He frequented the same bar as my stepdad had and it was proven that my stepdad owed him cash. Not only that he was also being investigated for a recent murder. He has also spent a few years in prison earlier for being a murder accomplice. So yea, he fit the bill. By the end of the week they booked him and I was let off the hook. I planned to resume the building of my facility as usual and continue my life here.

The Harper's were leaving in the morning and I could go back to my normal schedule. However I knew that I as well as Sam needed closure on us in order to finally move on. I needed to learn to live without him and see what my feelings for Ethan really was. He needed to go back to New York and continue running the business as well as try and make the best out of his new marriage. As much as it pains me to say that I want Dem to find happiness and if I make it clear to him that there is no chance in rekindling our love maybe he'd open up to Ivy and find love.

It was a bit after nine at night when I sought Dem out. He was in his room packing his bags for his return home tomorrow. I leaned in the doorway and knocked on the open door. Dem looked up at me. "Wanna go for a ride?" I asked hopeful.

Shrugging he said. "Beats packing".

Nodding I said. "Meet me at my car in five". Then went to grab my shoes.

I was already in my Land Rover she Dem stepped outside. Getting in I took off. For the most part we both were silent. I stopped by a store and grabbed a twelve pack of cheap beer and decided to go to a special spot that I hung at as a teen. I needed this alone time with him. I needed to have this talk with him and for him. This would be it. This would be our final goodbyes and in a weird way I wanted it to be special, bittersweet.

I pulled down onto a dark dirt road that was flanked by tall trees on each side. I saw the questions on Dem's face but I remained quiet. After about a mile the road ended and opened up into a field. I backed my car up overlooking a small cliff. You could see the lights of the town off in the distance and it was a spectacular view. Hopping out I looked at him. "Come on".

Going to the back of my car, I raised the trunk up and hopped up onto the tailgate. Patting the spot beside me I indicated for Dem to sit. Once we were comfortable I grabbed a beer and handed him one as well. Nodding to the view I spoke. "This is where me and my friend's came to hangout as teens".

"Oh". Demarco said with a slight laugh. "For a minute I was thinking you was bringing me to the middle of nowhere to end me".

I laughed. "Not today" I joked then continued. "We came up here to party, get high and drink, make out".