How Could They

"I've told you my story a million time's now. What more do you want?" I asked irritated.

It's been nearly two week's since I was first summoned in by the police for questioning. Since then thing's have really escalated. They managed to find a old burned barrel that contained bone fragments that belonged to them as well. Now they know for sure they was murdered and the evidence covered up. I've yet to tell anyone my involvement or the true story and I want. I haven't contacted anyone either for help. I can't do it. I can't face Demarco or any of them. This is my life now and I'll deal with it.

The officer looked at me hard. "Miss James, there's something your not telling us?"

I rolled my eye's and laughed at him. They had been trying their best to break me but they couldn't. No after Demarco broke me there was nothing left to break. "And I'm telling you I was off at college. I came home for a visit, found them gone and my mother alone. My mom couldn't take care of herself so I brought her back with me. End of story". I stated flatly.

He plopped down a folder. "Our investigators concluded that a Mr. Demarco Harper footed the bill for your mother's treatment at one of the finest facilities in the country. Why would he do that?"

Oh Jesus, this was getting deeper by the second. Acting aloof and that it wasn't a big deal I shrugged. "So what? We was dating at the time. No big deal".

"Did Mr. Harper join you on your visit?"

"Nope. He was tied up at work. Besides we hadn't been an item long enough to meet the parent's. When I brought my mom back it was obvious she needed help so he offered and I accepted. Who wouldn't?" I said casually.

He grinned. "It seems Mr. Harper as well as his family have been suspected of foul play in the past. Seems a lot of people go missing around them but there's no hard evidence?"

I laughed out loud. "Oh you people. For one everyone is after what the Harper's have... money. Of course people are going to point the finger at them. I know what your trying to imply but he's not a murderer. You should check out the local bar's for your suspect. My stepdad was always running around with a married woman or owed someone money. It's clear to see no one liked him. Fuck the whole town are suspects, even you. How many run ins did you have with him?' I smirked.

"That's irrelevant Miss James but I will be checking into your husband further" he said with a cocky note.

I grinned snidely. "Ex husband. You should have your investigators do better work. Now if we are done here I have thing's to do, you know like hide dead bodies, people to kill, breaking the law."

It was obvious I pinched a nerve and he nodded his head in disgust. "You may go for now but I'll be seeing you soon."

Walking out the door I smiled sweetly. "Can't wait."

I waited until I drove down the road to let my nerves run wild. They even questioned my mom this morning but thankfully she gave them the same story. It was nearly six in the evening and I needed something to ease my mind. I swung into the liqueur store and purchased a fifth of Jack. Cracking the bottle open in the car I took a huge burning swig. Ethan. I needed Ethan.

No I haven't told him about my troubles and wasn't going to unless I absolutely had to. Spinning off I headed to his house. Once there I took another generous gulp of the hard stuff and knocked on his door. He answered with a smile. "Samantha. What a great surprise"

I grunted and pushed passed him into his home. I had no time for pleasantries. I came here to get laid and that's it. I needed a release. Up to this point I hadn't slept with Ethan but that was about to change. Being bold, I pulled my dress straps from my shoulders and let it fall down around my ankles. "Fuck me Ethan". I demanded.