Up To No Good

As Cole and I hopped into our on car together he looked at me. "Fucks going on man?"

Looking at him with wild eye's it all tumbled out my mouth. "She's fucking crazy man. I don't know what to do. It seems I can't win for losing with her."

Cole interrupted me. "And why are you telling me this? Am I wearing a little name tag? Do you see a plaque above my head that says PhD in love?"

"Cause shit I don't know what to do?" I said. "She doesn't believe me, doesn't trust my intentions. Fucking says I don't know anything about her".

And once again Cole interrupted me. "Well you don't".

Taking my eye's from the road I stared him down. "Who's fucking side are you on fucker?"

Cole laughed and mumbled. "Oh fuck I need my pills. This fucker done called me a fucker".

"Just fuck it Cole". I snarled regretting venting to Cole.

Cole laughed and said. "Dude ask yourself this.... how do you feel when your close to Ivy? How do feel when you can't see her, talk to her?"

Taking a moment to let his questions seep in I answered. "When she left or I'm not near her she's constantly on my mind. She's all I think about but when I have her in front of me it's like my mind twists up and I end up syaying stupid shit and we argue".

Cole grinned. "Watch and learn brother, watch and learn". He laughed as he dug his phone from his pocket.

"When I told baby girl that I wasn't coming  back as soon as I thought she flew hot. So now I'll do a lil sumthin,  sumthin to get my ass off the hook" Cole grinned slyly as he punched in a number on his phone.

"Miri's loves bouquets of wildflowers so I'm ordering some right now and they should be delivered in a few hour's. Then there's little dessert diner that we visit often. In fact we had our first date there. Miri loves the brownie sundae they serve. I'm currently having one delivered to her.  I'll also stop on my way home and pick her up alittle something like her favorite perfume or lipstick. Her favorite shade is plum passion."

I eyed him with a gross sneer. "What?" He said.

"Dude you know what fucking shade of lipstick she wears? What kinda pussy shit is that". I laughed.

"Hey, it's not about being whipped fucker." Cole said seriously. "I do it because it's my job to know these thing's. It's my job to make sure my baby's happy and wants for nothing. Fuck, I knew most these thing's before we even dated. That's how I got her, I knew what makes her happy, sad, her dislikes and love's. Now when I do get back home she'll be all lovey dovey and give me a lil sumthin sumthin if ya know what I mean". Cole said with a grin.

Fuck, maybe he was right. Obviously he could tell I was thinking his word's over. "Look Dem, think of something Ivy loves, something that means something to her and go with it. Regardless if she likes it or not she'll be appreciative that you at least tried. Effort counts. Also give her space. Make her want you more. Remember that's how I did your sis and it worked like a charm. Miri kept denying me so I quit the chase and damn if she didn't start blowing my phone up then". He laughed. "But I held strong until she realized it was me she wanted. It was hard, I won't lie. Hell you all know how I followed her around like a puppy all through my teens".

It finally came to me. "I think I got this now bro. Thanks for listening".

"No problem. Now why did you keep me back?" He asked.

"I need your help organizing her men better. I just don't trust leaving her here alone so soon."

"You know this is going to piss her off right?" He said.

"Probably, but everything pisses her off these day's'. I laughed.

Eventually I pulled the car over by a vacant building that I had spotted while here. "What's up with this place?" Cole asked.

"I been doing some thinking Cole. I'm having a baby and I know Ivy won't come back with me willingly and if I just force her things will get worse. I just can't leave my kid here and rarely see it.".

"Whoa". Cole said interrupting me. 'Your not thinking about living here are you?"

"What choice do I have man. Ivy won't relent".

Cole grinned and chuckled. "Your mom is going to hit the fucking roof over this. If she hasn't kill Ivy by now, she will".

I laughed. "Mom really does hate her I believe".

"Nawww". Cole said as he slid inbetween a broken piece of fence to get a better look at the area. "Your mom is simply trying to pull out the queen abilities in Ivy. She sees something in her just like she did with Sam. The difference is Sam asked her opinion and listened whereas Ivy is headstrong and is determined to do it on her own".

Nodding I asked. "When's the last time you took your meds?"

"The fuck man, you Miri now?" He looked at me sharply.

"No fucker, just wandering". I spat.

"Not since I left the states and I'd only had a few doses then. I feel fine right now and I will as long as no one pisses me off or fucks with anyone I care about." Cole explained.

We finished up our snooping then headed back to Ivy's. It was time I confront her. As we walked in I left Cole to wander about as I sought out Ivy. I found her in her office looking over files. "What are you doing here Demarco?" She asked displeased.

"I've been thinking Ivanya and your right. I never took the time to find out thing's about you. I want to try and make this work. We can start off slow like a date and see where it goes. I'm moving here". I announced and her face registered annoyance.

"No Demarco". Ivy stated flatly. "I think a break is what is best at this point".

"Fuck Ivy, what more do you want me to do?" I pleaded.

"Demarco I don't want you to do anything okay? I just want peace right now and as long as your here I won't get any. There will always be some sort of disagreement with you. You've hurt me a lot Dem and a few apologies  or dates will not fix that. I just need time". Ivy said wearily.

I nodded my head. "Do you really love me Ivy.?

Her eye's watered. "I do Demarco and yes I keep trying to fight my feelings because I just don't think we are meant to be. I was a lawyer, you a criminal, now I'm the Russianmafia queen and you the Italian Mafia king. There's so much against us. But yes, I love you".

I knew in my heart we could make this work but I wasn't going to force it, I'd only push her further away. I'd give her that space but just like my best friend said, make her realize what she's missing. I recalled how she had hooked me. We had an argument an I left. She chased me out and threw a memorizing kiss on me. After that I couldn't get her out of my system. Walking to her, I pulled her up into my arm's and captured her mouth. I kissed her thoroughly and from the heart. When I pulled back she stood limp in my arm's and her eye's were heavy, almost sedated. Next I did what I'd been wanting to do for so long. I knelt down and placed my head against her little bump. Placing a kiss to her belly I whispered. "Pape loves you little one".

I stood and tucked a strand of loose hair behind her ear. "I'll give you what you want Ivanya. If you want space you have it, but I know you will want me one day. Don't take too long my love". I turned and left her with those word's.

Meeting back up to Cole I said. " let's go. No questions right now".

Cole drive and as he did, I did some online shopping. First I ordered two dozen pink roses to be sent to her. Then I found a beautiful pink dress, almost like the one she had described but more adult. I'd prove to her that I did know her.

Just as promised, a jet was waiting on Cole and I. As we boarded and stepped into the isle several unidentified men pummeled us over the head and I felt a needle prick my arm. Looking around I saw my men piled to the side  in a mound of death. Cole was struggling as five men held him down as well. Before we both went under I could feel the plane taking off.

The kings are down.