Meeting My Worst Fear

And so the story goes..... The next few hour's was all about waiting and planning. When we wasn't perfecting our strategy we were eyeballing the clock.

Thankfully Miri returned Laney's text immediately and her and Cole was on the way back home. Now we awaited Ivy's call for the last minute details on her end.  Having heard of our delimina my best friend as well as my right hand man offered to join us as did Marcus. We were back if only for this one job.

Ivy finally contacted us back early the next morning with fresher details. Demarco put her on the intercom so we could all hear. Apparently she thought the best time to strike would be duiring the wedding. She informed us that most would be drinking therefore a bit off their game. Also there would be around five hundred guest's so we could slip in undetected. After she hung up she emailed a copy of blueprints of the wedding venue.

As we were looking over the blueprints trying to figure out the best entry the door opened and in walked Miri pulling a grinning Cole behind her. She gave me a sheepish look for having disobeyed me. Glaring down at her I quirked my finger indicating for her to come to me. Slowly she stepped up to me and begin to open her mouth but I shooshed her. "I don't want to hear your whiny excuses. I'm more worried about your well being?" I said pulling her in for a hug and placing a kiss atop her head.

"I'm fine Pape and I'm sorry". Squeezing her tight I released her so she could go to her son. Cole skipped up to the desk and waved hugely at everyone as Demarco chuckled and mumbled "fuck".

Spotting a decorative jar of peanuts on the desk Cole grabbed a handful and stuffed them in his mouth. He eyed the blueprints then jabbed his finger onto the basement door entrance. "We go in there, well most of us anyways.  The other half will shuffle their their asses through that door on the left side as well as the right. As for me, I'm going through the front and walking my ass down the isle to the bridal march. I'll create the distraction".

We all looked at him and his wild eye's. I hated to admit it but he was right. What we had all been looking over for awhile trying to come up with a course, he waltzed in and solved it in a matter of seconds. Shoving more peanuts into his mouth almost hamster like he grinned. "Let's weapon up bitches while I still got some crazy left. Your asshole daughter has been force feeding me my meds." He snorted then walked off to see his son.

We all shook our head's as well as laughed. Thirty minutes later we was all packed up and heading out. Miri was going to stay back with Ela and all the kid's which delighted me. Didn't need another person to worry about I thought as I looked at Laney applying her signature lipstick as if we were going out dancing and not possibly to our deaths.

Miri hugged Cole goodbye as Conner and Marcus said their farewells to their wives. I wished I could force Laney to stay put but I'd have better luck jumping into shark infested water's strapped down in raw meat than making her do anything. As we made our way to the elevators I heard Miri call me. Turning I saw her running toward me. She rushed into my arm's. "I didn't get to tell you bye Pape".

I smirked at Cole's sneering face as I cradled her. She may be his wife but she will always be my little girl. After saying our final goodbyes we were off.
It took all of four jets to get us there. Once we landed we waisted no time. I had my connections in Russia have enough cars waiting for us which couldn't have been a easy feat. I had brought around a hundred men with me.

Thankfully the venue was located near a busy city so we had ample parking. We didn't want to bring unwanted attention to us so we scattered about and walked in small group's toward the wedding location. Ivy was right, once the wedding venue came into view it was crowded by many people. Being as inconspicuous as possible we positioned ourselves. Demarco would be taking the right side with his team and I would be taking the the left along with Laney and my men. Marcus would come through the basement with his team and Conner would follow Cole in the front entrance to cause a disturbance. With our earpieces in we waited for our signal.

It didn't take long before we heard Cole fire off a shot and we all moved in. By the time we reached the formal hall bodies were dropped as Cole and Conner steadily took more down. Jumping into action I as well as my men started raining down bullets. My men swarmed from all directions and I saw Demarco get Ivy to safety.  

With Ivy secure, we started to make our descent but we never saw what was coming. From out of nowhere Kerverso's men surrounded us from every direction. I saw many of my men fall from being shot. I quickly took out as many as I could as well as the rest of us did. My eyes scanned the area for another possible escape route and that's when I saw a man sneaking up behind Conner. Thinking quick I ran across dodging bullets. When I was close enough I aimed and took the man down but that's not what sent chills down my spine. No,  I heard a scream that only belonged to Laney.

Turning quickly I saw that Mr. Kerverso himself had her. As she struggled to get free he sent a chilling smile my way as he pressed his gun to the back of her head. Something out of this world overtook me as I charged toward him. Aiming my gun I fired a shot right into his head but I was too late.  Yes I killed him but he also managed to fire his gun.

I watched in horror as my babydoll crumpled to the floor. Falling down to my knees at her still body I jerked her up and shook her. "Wake up Laney. Wake the fuck up now or I'll kill you myself." I screamed.

I saw blood oozing from the back of her head and I pressed my hand against the wound trying to stop the bleeding. In moment's Demarco was by my side. "Noooo". He wailed. "Pape please do something. Wake up mommy wake up".

I knew she wasn't breathing anymore as I cradled her to my chest rocking her back and forth.  "Please Laney"I sobbed. "You can't leave me".

The bullets that still flew by went unoticed as I sank into a deep, dark pit of nothingness. My only thought was to walk out into the midst of the bullets and end it all so I could be with Laney.

 My only thought was to walk out into the midst of the bullets and end it all so I could be with Laney