Husband Hunting

"Cole please, I'm begging you to be honest with me. I know your not taking your meds." I pleaded with him over lunch at the Den.

It's been a week since he snapped on me and I've yet to return home. I meet him everyday for lunch and dinner at the Den. It's safer for me there in case he has another episode. "Miri I'm okay baby girl. Your overthinking". He assured me.

Irritated I tossed my napkin down. "Don't give me this bullshit lie Olive. I know you well enough to know when your crazy is shining and trust me, it's shining bright like a diamond".

"Baby girl why don't we pay the tab and slip off to one of the rooms so you can work me over". He said with the smile I loved so much.

Trying to hide my smile I said. "I'd love nothing more than to do just that but first I'm going to need you to take your meds".

He rolled his eye's and just like that was gone again. "Tell me Miri. Did you enjoy fucking Jax?"

"Enough Cole. We've moved pass all of that. Don't dredge it back up". I hissed.

"Baby girl are you going to eat your pie cause it's looking good". He asked once again tuned back in to reality.

I slid the pie over to him and said. "Please Cole, me and your son need you back. Please take the meds".

"I'm good baby girl"  he said digging into the pie.

"No your not Olive. Let me help you. God can't you see how much I love you". I pleaded but once again he drifted out.

"Did you allow that bastard to run his cock down your throat like you let me". He snarled.

I grabbed my bag having been through enough for one evening. "I'll see you for dinner Olive. Call me when your ready".

I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I'll be thinking about you. I love you".

He snorted and pulled away from me. Tears stung my eye's as I walked away.  I made my way to Ari's apartment. Over the pass two year's we have became close. She has truly changed for the better and is considered family now. I really needed someone to talk to and everyone's so wrapped up in Dem at the moment. When Ari opened the door I fell apart. She pulled me into her home and asked worridily. "Girl what is wrong? Your scaring me".

Wiping my nose on a tissue I took a breath. "Cole is only getting worse and I don't know what to do. He refuses to take his meds. Other than having him put away I don't know what to do. I just want my Olive back".

"Dang girl, I'm sorry." Ari spoke handing a a glass of wine.

"Can I do anything for you Miri?"

I shook my head no. "No, I just need someone to vent to. Thanks."

I told her the thing's Cole said to me earlier and how one second he's in the present and in the next he's in the past. Ari hugged me and offered her support. Before I left I told her I was going to follow Cole out tonight and see where he's going and what exactly he was up to.

I sat through another grueling dinner where I was accused of flirting with the cook to eyeing another man. Finally I told him I was tired and going to bed. Instead I hung out in the shadows keeping my eye on him. He sat at the bar and had a drink before he made his way to the parking garage. I slid into my BMW and followed him out at a safe distance.

We ended up on the west side of town where he parked. I pulled over as well. He exited his car wearing black gloves and I instantly knew he was here to kill someone. Slipping from my car I hurried over to the building he had entered moment's earlier. It seemed to be vacant and I didn't see a soul. Then I heard a woman's shrill scream.

Creeping along the wall I neared the screaming until I saw Cole. He had a lady in a headlock with a knife pressed to her nose. "Heard your fucking a man by the name of Jax. Tell me where the fuck to find him and I may let you live".

Trying to decide if I should come to the lady's aid or stay unoticed fought inside my head. Before I could come to a conclusion a hand clamped over my mouth and a sharp prick was felt against my neck. I tried to cry out to Cole who was only feet from me but I was being dragged away at a rapid pace. Besides, the lady was screaming to the top of her lungs.

Soon I realized the prick I felt was a needle filled with meds to knock me out. The last thing I saw was Cole making his way out the building then I fell under the drug.

When I woke I saw that I was strapped to a seat on a plane. I had no clue who I was with or how long I'd been under. I tried to work free from the ties but it was fruitless. Finally the door opened and in walked Jax. He looked at me and smiled. "Glad to see your awake my love. It's been a long time hasn't it.?"

"You will fucking die and you know it". I screamed. "Turn me loose now and I'll make sure you walk away safe".

Jax laughed. "Why ever would I turn you loose Mirimosa. Your the reason I came back. Now I have what I want and we are about to start our life together".

"My life is with Cole". I spat.

"Not anymore". He smiled. "We are on our way to Barbados where we will have a fine honeymoon my love".

"Never". I yelled.

Ignoring me he chattered on. "You see, I met this nice man in New York. He's made me his right hand man Miri. Yes we are the one's your brother and ex husband have been searching for."

"Cole is my husband". I reminded hin.

"No, not anymore love.". He held up some paper's. "These right here have your new identity. You are now Jasmine. Jasmine Owen's. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it".

He held up more paper's. "This is our marriage certificate."

He pulled a diamond from his pocket and walked over to me. Grasping my hand he removed the beloved ring that Cole had placed there. I fought him as hard as I could but in the end he managed to slide his ring onto my finger. Kneeling down in front of me he whispered. "My how I have missed you baby".

Leaning in he placed his lips onto mine as I struggled to move away. Becoming angered he pulled a gun from his coat and placed it against my head. "You will kiss me back dear wife or you will die".

Once again Jax pressed his lips to mine and with tears and nausea I allowed him to kiss me but only to save my life. However my mind smiled as I thought "my crazy Cole will end you this time".