Outsmarted

Just wanted to thank all my reader's, even my silent reader's! Please vote if you enjoyed the chapter! Hugs!

Okay so yea after Demarco left I cried and didnt know what to do. Many different scenarios ran through my mind. Would he kill me? Would he send his men after me if I stayed? Was he just bluffing due to his anger?

It took almost a hour to calm myself down and think clearly. I wasn't willing to give up my job or my dreams because he was upset  and thought the worse. My father signed the treaty not me. I have nothing to do with their war game's. If Demarco thought for one minute that I'd leave because he ordered me to he's sadly underestimated me. Smiling to myself I thought I was going to leave but I wouldn't go far. Technically he only ordered me not to live in the city. He didn't order me out of the state or country, no just the city. He also only said I couldn't stay in the city, he didn't say I couldn't work in the city. However i needed more than twenty-four hour's to set my plan in place.

Feeling like a genius I happily settled down onto my couch and giggled as I sent him a pitiful text.

"Demarco I'm so scared. I know I want be able to move from the city in twenty-four hour's. I will go but I beg you to give me a week so I can gather my thing's and find a place to go. Please don't send your mean men after me. Please just extend it to a week".

I hit send and fell over from my sitting position in laughter. No way was I scared I was just hoping to tug on his twisted, evil heart strings and buy myself some time. Within a moment I received his reply.

Like a giddy school girl I looked at his text.

"One week and that's it. My men will come by midnight on the seventh day."

"Sucker". I yelled out at my phone screen. That was just too easy. I sent a text back.

"Thank you so much. Your too kind".

After I hit send I blocked his number all together then pulled my laptop to me. My search for an apartment outside of the city began.

By the seventh day I was comfortably living in my new apartment less than twenty minutes from the city. Of course I filled it up with everything pink.

Over a month had passed and so far so good. I caught the train to work and kept myself low-key for now. However another rape case appeared and I knew I had to focus on Jone's. I stayed at work until nightfall then ventured into the rough neighborhood's to try and get evidence. I spotted him in a rundown bar bragging of how the cop's couldn't hold him down. Pulling my phone out I hit the record option to get his drunken confession. He was about to tell who his next victim was going to be when I spotted Demarco looking right at me from across the street.

I can tell you now that it is possible to have a heart attack followed by a stroke and ending with an aneurysm in just a second. My stomach immediately clinched and my flight mode kicked in. I ran as if I was a Olympic gold medalist. I could hear his footsteps not far behind me. I made it to the subway as the doors closed and breathed in a sigh of relief.

That was until I I saw him running through the other cart. "Son of a bitch". I groaned and took off again to the next cart. This is how it went, him chasing me through the carts. That was until I spotted a cop and went to his side. "Excuse me officer". I heaved breathless as Demarco came to a stop giving me a I wish you would glare while posing as a normal passenger. I pointed Demarco out. "Officer that man there is confused. I believe he's mentally challenged and doesn't know which stop is his. Please help him".

I smiled brightly at Demarco as the cop approached him. He glared at me as the cop questioned him. The train stopped and the doors slid open. I flicked him off and mouthed. "Eat my ass fucker".