Deceived And Believed

Had I known that Cole's word's would shatter my hope's that day I would've ignored the text and stayed on with Ivy. I'd still be blind to her lies and to think she told me exactly who and what she was and we fucking laughed about it.

When I left her I had a smile on my face and for the first time in a long time I felt happy. Once I reached my office at the Den I found Cole, my parent's and Miri waiting on me. Judging by the looks they wore this wasn't going to be good. "What's going down?" I asked.

My Pape spoke up. "Son do you recall the Russians by the last name Kerverso? You was maybe ten when I signed a treaty with them."

"Yea, name sounds familiar". I said casually and Pape continued.

"They had sent many men here to the city in hope's of gaining control by ending us. However that didn't happen because I discovered them and took many of Mr. Kerverso's men out. He then realized he couldn't beat me and in return for his life I ordered him or any of his accomplices to never return to the East Coast. He agreed and a treaty was signed. If he broke the truce it would mean sudden death to him and his Empire."

"Okay. And". I said trying to understand what he was getting at.

"Son we have reason to believe the treaty has been broken."

"How so?" I asked.

Pape looked at Cole.

"Somebody tell me something". I said getting irritated.

Cole finally spoke. "The queen of the Russian mafia is here. Ivanya Kerverso or as you call her Ivy Martin".

It was if the air had been sucked from my lungs. I nearly laughed thinking this a joke. "Y'all are fucking with me right?"

No one answered. Everyone remained silent. I looked at Cole. "The fuck you talking about? The fuck you saying? You telling me that Ivy is a fucking spy or some shit?" I bellowed feeling my temper rise.

Cole arched his brows. "Miri was nearly attacked by Jax yesterday. He wasn't alone. Ivy was with him and Miri heard it all. Jax knows who she is".

Miri interrupted Cole. "In Ivanya's defense she wasn't happy with Jax and ran off from him. It was clear that she doesn't like him. He asked about us and she refused to tell him a thing".

"The fuck if that matters Miri. She's here and shouldn't be. There can only be one reason for her to be here. There planning something. And why the fuck has no one told me of this sooner".

"I've been texting you all day". Cole spat out.

I didn't want to admit that I had been with her. The bitch told me and I fucking laughed, took it as a joke. She must think I'm a special kinda stupid. Smiling in my face while she's planning my death. I picked up my coat and headed toward the door but my mom caught me. "Dem you need to take time and think this over. Don't react now because you may regret it."

"I already regret it". I sneered and stalked out. I heard Cole order a few men to follow me in case I was to be ambushed by the Russian mafia princess.

I didn't bother knocking, I just marched in and found her in the kitchen. She turned and smiled. "I didn't expect you back so soon. I'm making homemade applesauce for the first time and you get to be my taste tester."

She beamed walking toward me with a spoonful of applesauce that could be poison for all I knew. Obviously she saw the look on my face. "Are you okay Dem? What's wrong?"

"Eat the applesauce Ivy?" I said between gritted teeth.

"What? Why? What's wrong?" She asked confused.