A Different Perspective

We all stood around in the largest room our personal clinic offered. Our eye's glued to the strange yet very dangerous women sleeping in the bed. It's as if we expected her to wake any moment and go into attack mode. However Demarco hovered by her side insuring she was comfortable.

Just a few hour's earlier I watched as Demarco raced into the Den carrying this woman bridal style. His eye's were wild and calling out orders frantically. "Save her, save her". He kept repeating to the doctor's.

I instantly knew he was reminiscing of the day Sam died and he was potentially faced with losing this woman which concerned me. Demarco had mentioned no woman to me. Yes, he had a strange attraction with Ivy but it didn't go anywhere. Besides after uncovering her truths  he sent her away.

Walking up to his side I asked. "What's going on man?"

Glancing at the unconscious woman in his arm's I swore out loud. "The hell? Why the fuck do you have her and why the fuck do you want to save her?"

Demarco growled out. "Not now Cole unless your helping." A very territorial look glazed his eye's and I knew there was more going on than he led me to believe.

I stood back and watched as Dem entered the operating room with the doctor's and Ivy. All the while he was demanding that they save her or they would answer by giving their own life.

A few hour's passed and word had spread that the king had brought the Russian mafia queen in for treatment. I believe it would be honest to say that everyone shared a what the fuck look. Even Demarco's parent's showed up for this mind boggling occasion.

Eventually she came out of surgery and it wasn't as severe as Demarco thought. The stab wound wasn't to deep and it missed any vital organs so a few stitches did the job. She was however suffering a mild concussion from the blow to her forehead. We all packed into that room watching Dem stay by her side as if she was on her deathbed. Finally his Pape broke the silence and said in a warning tone. "Son just what are your plans? You can't keep her here. If word gets back to her family that we have her it could wager a war. Are you willing to risk that? Risk your family and this Empire?"

"And just what do you suggest I do Pape?" Demarco snarled. "Put her back out into the world unprotected? She doesn't know her family and she doesn't want her fucking title".

London's temper flared. "And you fucking believe that? This bitch could kill you in your sleep. She could be spying on us. But your thinking with your dick and not your head. You should have killed her month's ago, in fact I'll settle that right now for you".

London reached for his gun as Demarco did the same. With menace in his voice Demarco yelled. "As king I'm ordering everyone to stay the fuck away from her. If anyone harm's her in any way I'll end them, blood or not. Cole I trust you to get the word out. No one is allowed near her without my permission. She is mine".

We all stepped back and eyed each other. It was finally obvious what this girl meant to him. He did well covering it up for a long time and staying away but he had finally buried his past and chosen Ivy. London attempted to break through to him again. "Demarco you can't keep her against her will".

"Why not Pape? Us mafia men do it all the time. I'm sure in time she'll come around". Demarco stated.

"Yes and you see what happens to those women". London argued. "Bottom line Demarco, this woman is dangerous and could bring our ruin. If the Russians are looking for her how will it look to them if she is found with us? Think about this son. The treaty work's both ways. They don't meddle in our business and we stay out of theirs in return as long as they stay out of our territory. Now here you are with your hand all Up in their kool-aid. This will not end well for no one".

"You don't understand Pape". Demarco whispered looking down at Ivy.

"I do son but I can assure you that she's not the one. Your just getting back out there so it's normal to fall for the first girl you connect with, but it's not her. She's from another world, she's a head mafia leader in her own right. She could easily befriend us all and slit our throat in a instance. Prime example is your mother. Look at her standing here all sweet and innocent. Too beautiful to be seen as the killer she is. People flock to her because of her allure not knowing that they could be taking their last breath. They never see it coming son".

Laney could be heard in the background mumbling a huge fuck you to London but he silenced her with a warning glare and continued. "Suppose you marry this girl and let's say you die. Our Empire would be left in her hands, a fucking Russians hands. You could bring us down by making this mistake. Look at the bigger picture Demarco".

Demarco shook his head slowly and whispered. "No Pape. You don't know her".

"And neither do you"London bellowed out full of rage. "This will be my only warning Demarco. I will not stand by and let you bring what generations of your blood worked hard to build. It will simply not happen son".

Before more could be said we saw Ivy beginning to stir. She slowly opened her eye's with a slight moan and glanced around the room. When she saw all of us stranger's staring down on her she scuttled to the top of her bed in fear. Not having seen Demarco yet she whispered his name out from fear. Instantly he came into view and sat down by her. "It's okay Ivanya. Your fine and that's just my family". He said sending us all a hard stare then addressed us. "We need to be alone right now. When I feel she's up for a proper introduction I'll send for you. Goodbye".

Having no choice we all filed out as we watched Demarco fawn over the Russian mafia queen. This may not end well at all and I prayed in my heart of heart's that Demarco wouldn't suffer another heartbreak. Miri looked at me and I could read the concern in her face as well. We could very well be on a path of destruction. As king myself I had no control over Demarco's half, I could only control my half of the business which was located at HV enterprises. What went on here was beyond my power. I also knew that if it came down to it London would rid us of Ivy before he saw us fail.

Can one woman be this powerful I questioned myself. Then I looked at Laney and knew my answer. Yes, they could. Look at all Laney did and even built her own powerful Empire on her own which she handed to me. Ivy could be everything London warned us of.