One.

Chapter One.

He walked in gracefully, catching everyone's eyes and full attention as he made his way further into the ballroom.

He stood tall and was easily a head taller than the princess. He had pale, clear skin, his lighter shade of black hair was slightly brushed back as his crown covered most of it. His dark, brown eyes were captivating and...they were mysterious. No emotion was seen in them whatsoever. His slightly plump, pink lips were carved into a line, and just like his eyes, they showed nothing. Not even slight sign for any type of emotion.

Hoseok followed behind his parents, waiting for them to exchange a few words with the King and Queen, while his eyes snapped towards the princess.

She was seen seated beside her parents, patiently waiting to get this night over with, while not showing much boredom by her straightened posture and the fake smile that temporarily plastered on her face, but it was all seen in her dark brown eyes as they made eye contact. His gaze scared her, it wasn't him who she was afraid of but their future together is what frightened Jieun the most.

A stranger she had no knowledge of whatsoever was going to now be her husband by the rules and orders of both of their parents.

Hoseok's guilt rose at the state of the princess. He didn't want an arranged marriage and it was clear that their feelings were mutual and how he wished he could change their faith but at this point, he was powerless. They both were.

They were under their parent's control. Whatever they said they felt obliged to accept because respect was something they were taught at a young age and if they were to ever go against the wishes of their parents the situation would end up worse than if they were to marry. So just like that; they excepted theirselves to end up together but maybe just maybe there was some hope?

As the adults chatted, King Jihun suddenly gasped and looked over at Prince Hoseok who had immediately bowed down to the King and Queen, showing a faint smile as a sign of respect.

"What an honor to have the Jung family in our kingdom!" King Jihun exclaimed with excitement, followed by Iseul nodding her head to her husband's words in agreement.

"Jieun, you've already met King Jihoon and his wife, Queen Minji. And of course, their son, Prince Hoseok." Her father introduced the family to Jieun, who bowed down to them and smiled, but she had nothing to look forward to.

"We all talked and discussed considering the both of you and decided that it's the best for both kingdoms if we join forces." The King spoke, taking a moment before continuing "And if we want to help each other whilst continuing the traditions of both families, we've decided to form a closer bond by giving our offspring into the agreement. Prince Hoseok and Princess Jieun shall have an arranged marriage. It may be hard now, but you'll get to know each other soon and hopefully adapt to it. I'm sure you'll get along well." He smiled at the young royals.

A wave of sadness hit Jieun like no other. The thoughts of never being happy or free corrupting her mind as she had no escape or choice but to accept it, as the fate of her kingdom was in her hands.

She found it a burden how she was responsible for the alliance between the two kingdoms and she found it comical how she was going to be married to someone she hardly knew would help strengthen the ties between the two sides any more than they would be. It was ridiculous and she found it unnecessary but she still had to do it. For her father, for her mother, and for her kingdom. She had been so consumed with her thoughts and hadn't noticed the Prince in front of her.