Nine.

Chapter Nine : Deal.

My body didn't feel like it belonged to me anymore. The things that I had just learned were still trying to soak into my brain and get used to the idea that the devil was after me.

I tossed and turned at night, unable to sleep because I was afraid. But I was afraid of him. I was afraid of the idea of him.

I knew that I was vulnerable towards him in every way possible. I knew that he would make me fall in love. I knew that he would break me piece by piece, put me back together and repeat until I was completely his.

But somehow... I wasn't all against that idea.

I've come to the stage in my life where I'm at acceptance to everything thrown at me. People think that life as a princess is all calm and full of people bowing down to your name as a sign of respect when it's the opposite.

You're in lockdown 24/7 and you'll never be able to change that. They carve the idea of having faith and patience but how long can ones patience last? Mine is slowly draining out of my body. It's falling to the ground and I've been pushed to the point where I'll accept any of Jungkook's requests, only if he promises me freedom.

And that's exactly what I did.

I made a deal with the devil himself.

•••

A sigh escaped her lips as she shut the door behind her, leaning against it soon after with her eyes shut from exhaustion.

The ball was soon to come, the engagement ceremony that has been long awaited for her family but she's been stuck in the idea of running away from it.

So, in the respect of the ball being perfect, she had classes the whole morning until now, six p.m. Finally she was able to rest but of course, nothing lasts forever, but she was disappointed as her little break didn't even last a few seconds.

Her ears caught upon rustling and chuckling, and when she opened her eyes she came to a view she was least expecting.

Jungkook, who she now claimed to be her nemesis and enemy was comfortably lying on her silky, baby blue bed, a small book placed in his hands as he read through the pages with amusement clearly plastered onto his handsome features.

Jieun pouted from the thought of dealing with him but took a deep breath and mastered up enough strength for yet another intense argument.

"I don't think I invited you to my bedroom, Jungkook." Jieun spat, annoyance and despise in her voice as she poked an eyebrow up and leaned onto her bedroom door with her shoulder.

"I don't need an invitation, sweetheart." He replies, not sparing a single second to look up at her as he was so lost into the chapters of the book he had his nose stuffed into.

The princess rolled her eyes but soon after realized that the book in his hands was actually her... "I-is that-" she was about to ask, but he interrupted, finishing the sentence for her.

"Your diary? Yes, and it's quite hilarious. I never figured you'd be the one to have so many unrealistic fantasies." He chuckled, flipping to the next page.

"Put it down!" She whisper-yelled, not wanting to bring attention to her room but also not wanting Jungkook to read another diary entry.

She stomped over to her bed and as soon as she took those steps Jungkook hopped up from the mattress and held the notebook higher into the air as he started grinning from amusement she provided him.