Fifteen.

Chapter Fifteen : Fiancée

They both snapped their gazes towards one another, Jieun's eyes widening and immediately starting to panic while Jungkook stayed calm and unbothered as the banging on the door kept getting louder and stronger.

"I'm going to be in so much trouble!" Jieun whisper-yelled and shoot up from her sitting position, walking back and forth in the giant room of his whilst biting at her nails, trying to think of a solution.

As she was lost in what excuses she could pull and explanations she could lie, she was caught by her shoulders with Jungkook's hands, making her stay in place as she had no choice but to look him in the eye and take a deep breath.

His touch immediately comforted her, somehow, even though he was an asshole and she hated everything about him, she also loved anything he'd do and that made her feel an undying feeling of confusion and frustration.

"Hide behind the curtains and don't make a single sound."

And his word was her command, and so she rushed to the curtains and hid behind them, standing on her tippy toes and sucking into the wall as much as she could so that her figures outline wasn't seen through the thin fabric.

Jungkook soon after cleared his voice and turned the door knob, Hoseok immediately pushing against him as he literally turned the room upside down, looking for the lost princess.

"What the hell is it that you want, Hoseok?" Jungkook crosses his arms and plasters on a poker face, coldness and hatred dropping from his voice.

"What I want?" The Prince spoke, looking under the bed and into the closets like a maniac before turning around and facing him.

"Oh don't you dare start up your bullshit again, Jungkook. You know very well what I want and we clearly made a deal that we wouldn't cross each other's paths ever again." He tried to stay calm, but the sight of his (im)mortal enemy's face was unbearable.

Jungkook let out his usual, dark chuckle, in some ways mocking him "Look who lost his temper. I don't recall you acting such a distasteful way back at the dinner table, your highness."

"I was trying not to blow my cover and make Jieun suspicious of us, idiot." He spat, his hand running through his hair as he sighed, looking around the room for any other place he could have hidden the girl and at that moment he looked at the curtains that covered the windows, and as Jungkook noticed this he had to pull some strings in order to distract him.

"I don't understand what you're looking for, Hoseok. You should leave before I break your nose, again." Jungkook said, smirking at his last words and trying to stretch out his lie for a little longer or until he left.

His question and statement made Hoseok turn around, more furious than ever as he pointed his index at him and started accusing: "Someone saw Jieun coming into your room at midnight, mind explaining that to me, 'your highness'?"

Jungkook rolled his eyes "I don't know what you're talking about, and why do you care so much?"

"She's my fiancee, I think I have a right to know as to why she was in your bedroom at midnight!" He raised his voice by each word he said, and what he said put Jungkook in absolute confusion.

"Your fiancée?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows as his voice slightly cracked.

Jieun cursed under her breath, making Hoseok snap his gaze to the curtains once again but once he aggressively pulled the drapes to the side, only Jungkook's giant window and the view outside was displayed for him to see.