Seventeen.

Chapter Seventeen : Mistakes that we can't make right.

Oh no. Oh no, no, no, no, no.

What have I done!? She thought to herself as she lied down on her bed, looking up at the blank ceiling with a blank expression.

I gave a necklace that protected me to a god-knows-what, let the one man who I admire go, and now I'm stuck here, in an arranged marriage with a seemingly angel who is maybe even worse than Jungkook.

She rolled over on her stomach and hugged her pillow, wanting to scream in it to release all the frustration she had bottled up.

What am I going to do now!? She thought once again, feeling as if she was yelling at herself through her thoughts for being so goddamn stupid.

Wait... maybe there's still time to get him back.

Of course there is! Or maybe not since it's been almost four- five days, and she still hasn't seen his dark eyes or the smirk that rested of his red lips, not even once.

She sat up on her bed and supported her elbows with her knees as she stuffed her face into her palms, giving out a sigh.

The engagement is in three days. But there was still time.

At least that's what she thought those three days ago. And now here she was, sitting by her vanity, her sad reflection looking back at her as she was lost in thoughts but her mind was completely empty, not knowing what to think of now.

"Please save me, Jungkook." She whispered, to no one in particular as she was alone in the room, no other choice left for her to take. But her wish was his command.

No! What are you thinking, Jieun!? He didn't want you! He only wanted that stupid necklace that got you into this mess in the first place. He never left when you wanted him to. But the second you didn't, he was already long gone.

So stupid. So, so stupid of her to think that he'd actually be there for her after getting what he wanted.

How she wanted to burst in tears, and beg on her knees by his feet to make him come back. To make him take her out of this misery.

She touched her neck, the place where the necklace used to lie and looked back at the mirror once again. This is the same place she sat, that same place where the jewels were placed onto her skin. The thing that started and ended it all.

Crazy how the most meaningless things can start the craziest adventure of your life.

Her bedroom door was knocked at by Hoseok. After releasing one more sigh, she pulled the handle and let him in.

He stood there as handsome as ever but nothing could come to Jungkook's beauty. She wanted to yell at him, to tell him to go away, that there was no chance of her marrying him but of course, she couldn't. Of course she could never do what she desired.

She felt how her heart started to burn and how she couldn't deal with this raging soul inside of her that was begging to be set free. She wanted to knock it out, she wanted to cry, she wanted to die for him but there was no one left to die for.

So, she straightens her posture and took his hand in hers, as they walked out from her bedroom in complete silence.

It was complete chaos in the ballroom as people were wondering what was the special event, that the king and queen announced this meeting three months in advance, before Jieun and Hoseok even knew they were going to get engaged.