Four.

Chapter Four.

A couple of days have passed since the last incident between Jungkook and Jieun.

Of course, they saw each other here and there but often just sent glares to one another and walked by as if total strangers and in a way, they were.

After a long day of different classes that she had to attend, by the afternoon, the princess finally settled down by her balcony with a book in her hand and a cup of warm tea beside her. She smiled in comfort as she stuffed her nose in the book, her eyes following and analyzing each and every word carefully until...

A loud crash of swords boomed outside, which caused Jieun to get startled and bothered from all the ruckus going on while she tried to enjoy her quiet time. The voice of a male harshly giving out orders followed the crashing of the metal the swords were made of, which annoyed the princess furthermore.

She angrily stood up, walked over to the edge of her balcony and looked down, only to witness two men, fighting one another with the dangerous and deadly weapon, but her eyes widened once she realized who the two were.

Kim Taehyung, a guard here at the castle who Jieun has become very close friends with. They've known each other since childhood because he'd often visit the castle with his father but unfortunately when he passed away, his family lost everything and he was forced to work as a guard here to support his younger siblings.

After that, the princess and Taehyung got closer to one another which was a few years ago, and ever since they've always looked after one another.

Taehyung always treated the princess as if she was his own little sister despite Jieun having stronger feelings towards him, but of course, that was forbidden so she never had the chance to confess. But it's been years now and she had already moved on.

As she shook off her memories and thoughts, her gaze went off to look at the opponent of Taehyung.

And the next male was of course, Jeon Jungkook, the prince that hasn't failed to push her to her limits every encounter they've had so far.

His black hair was slightly damp from his sweat, seems like they've been training for a while...

He released shaky breaths but still managed to fight back against Taehyung. He looked extremely frustrated and in some ways, even a little dangerous...

As if he had already let go of his temper and anger and was giving his all to the battle against Taehyung.

And unfortunately, Taehyung's sword was knocked out of his hands as Jungkook's sword, (possibly) accidentally cut his right arm, causing him to cry out in pain.

"Prince Jeon, I think I warned you to not take it too seriously this time!" The headmaster of the army yelled, rushing over to the two boys.

"Pardon me but I wasn't going to let him win. Also, it was an accident." Jungkook argued back and looked down at the injured Taehyung with no emotion whatsoever.

"That doesn't give you the rights to use so much force, we're just training, after all." Taehyung confronted and stood up, holding onto his bleeding arm but smiling at the end in the victory of Jungkook. "But, good job. You've exceeded my expectations, your highness." He bowed.

"Jungkook, come with me to get some alcohol and cotton." The head of the army commanded and dragged Jungkook along with him, which ignited yet another argument between the two, leaving the injured Taehyung but only temporarily.