Twenty One.

Chapter Twenty One : The Truth Untold.

•••

Her body crashed down on the floor, her breath had become uneven as everything went black for a split second and then light returned to her world once more.

Jieun and Jungkook were in the same room, though they had been separated.

The princess finally managed to open up her eyes as her hands went to her neck, choking and trying to make her breathing even, once more. It felt as if she was drowning for a lifetime and now someone had finally rescued her.

Her throat burned and felt itchy, tasting her blood which was begging to be freed from her throat. Her eyes adjusted to the room as she blinked the pooled up tears in her eyes away and saw candle lights lighting up the room but not enough for it to be completely clear. It was dimmed in there, fog had filled the space but she managed to make out 2 figures in front of her.

Now, the princess looked over at the floor, black marble. They weren't in the castle anymore, and if they were, it had to be in the basement. She saw a circle which was drawn on the floor with white chalk and some symbols she had never seen before.

Jungkook was in the circle, tied to a wooden chair as his back was facing Jieun. She wanted to scream, to go rescue him but her legs didn't let her, and her voice seemed to disappear.

Finally he came into the light, his dark features coming into view as he had no expression plastered on his face.

Jung Hoseok.

Hoseok shut the book that he had in his hands, a bit of dust coming out of the pages of the old book from the harsh slam. His footsteps were the only thing heard in these four walls as Jieun looked up at him with her saddened eyes and intimidated gaze.

The prince got on his knees, next to the princess and looked into her dark eyes as he took her chin in between his fingers. He frowned, sighed and snapped his fingers.

Instantly, the taste of iron in her throat was gone, her legs slowly started going back to normal and she felt how her voice returned back to her, though, she didn't say anything for a while.

Silence took over the room, Jungkook's head hang low and he wasn't making a single sound. Suddenly, Jieun noticed red liquid running down his hands and a pool of blood surrounding his chair. Jungkook's chair. Jungkook's own blood pouring from his weakened body.

He looked lifeless...

Everything started spinning for her and finally, she swallowed the lump in her throat and broke the silence "What did you do to him?"

Fear was no longer an option for her. If Hoseok did anything to hurt the love of her life, she was either going to war, or dying with him. The worst thoughts rushed through her mind, what is going on? How and why is all of this happening? And why her? The second she finds the smallest bit of happiness, life snatches it away from her fingertips instantly.

"Oh princess, how sad you'd accuse me of doing anything to your beloved partner." Hoseok said and turned to Jungkook. "See, what happened is, that while you were passed out, your boyfriend and I had a little... conversation." He smiles devilishly "I proposed an agreement which he denied and then tried to use his powers to free himself, which only did damage to his physical form. But don't worry, no matter how many times snakes shed their skin, they're still snakes."

Jieun stayed silent, trying to not break down, only wanting to hold Jungkook in her arms and tell him that'd it'll all be alright...

But the devil soon started opening his eyes, blinking a few times to analyze where he was and snapping his head right to left, trying to get a glimpse of his surroundings.