Two.

Chapter Two.

Jieun was rushing to the dining room as she was already a few minutes late for breakfast.

The princess was drained from all of her energy she had left after the ball, this causing for her to immediately fall, face first, onto her silky and comfortable bed and into a deep slumber.

She had ordered her maids to rest the night before and that she'd be able to wake up without them and get ready, but boy was she wrong. She had ended up groggily waking up. She was pretty sure that if she hadn't fallen off her bed, she would have woken up hours later.

Her hair wasn't a mess, but also not in the best state for a princess. Her hair was a lot more misplaced than it usually would be but she ran her fingers through her hair in attempt to tame it.

She was wearing a long, baby blue dress that covered her feet and a light pink bow to hold her hair back, attempting to look presentable.

Even princesses have those days...

As she was passing by her bedroom door in the big hallway made of solid marble, mainly in the colors of grey and cream, she hadn't noticed the man coming out from one of the rooms on the side, causing for them to collide with one another. Thankfully, the impact wasn't strong enough and both of them were left standing, although Jieun was running her arm from the strangers hard chest.

"Jesus, could you watch where you're going?" The unknown male questioned. Annoyance was clear in his tone of voice.

The princess was taken aback. No one had ever spoken to her with a sign of disrespect. Maybe he just didn't know she was a princess or it was an honest mistake.

Maybe he's having a bad day?

"Excuse me? I'm pretty sure you're the one who bumped into me, sir." She replied calmly, plastering a fake smile on her face; straightening her dress and hair before noticing that she wasn't wearing her crown, the one thing that represents royalty.

That must be the reason why he's so rude.

"I'm pretty sure you were the one not looking where she was going." He responded, and with a roll of his eyes, he turned on his heel, ready to walk away from their small talk.

"I'm sorry, do you not know who I am?" Jieun asked once again, catching up to him but it was hard as he was a lot taller than her, this meaning that he walked a faster pace than her.

"No, and don't you know who I am?" The stranger asked, causing for the princess to bite down on her lip and think hard while examining him.

"Maybe if you told me your name, I'd remember." Jieun smiled cheerfully, not paying attention to the look he'd give her. She wasn't the person to pick a fight even if the other person was rude.

As a princess, she had learned that respect and kindness is the best way to respond to most situations, and she wasn't going to do otherwise.

"I'm sure you'll find out soon." He smirked, not glancing at her even once.

Jieun huffed in annoyance, the annoyance that she tried hard to hide throughout the duration of their short time together and that's when she noticed that they were walking the same path so she took the chance to look at him, up and down.

He had raven black hair, his skin tone was a hint darker than hers, and perfectly shaped, small red lips, his lower lip occasionally caught in between his teeth. He was tall and had a straight posture as he walked with confidence and power. Everything about him screamed 'intimidation.'

His eyes were nothing like she had seen before as they were hooded and a color of dark brown, absolute emptiness in them with no sign of emotion.

Their walk together was silent, both of them feeling how the atmosphere between them was slowly becoming awkward as none of them let out a single sound. They shared a few glances here and there until they reached their destination...

the dining room.

The both of them furrowed their eyebrows once their hands met on the knob of the door. They looked at each other, confusion written on both of their faces, and just as they were about to speak and question each other's actions, the door opened from the other side, catching them off guard.

The maids bowed and rushed out of the room with trays full of empty bowls and plates. Seems like they were a little too late for breakfast.

"Jieun! Jungkook! It's very nice for you two to join us!" The king spoke from the head of the table, a cup of hot tea placed in his hands, inviting them both in to join them.

Both young adults exchanged a confused look once again, bowed down and slowly walked to the large, polished table where all the royals were seated at.

Jieun's parents were present as usual, but something the princess didn't expect was for Prince Hoseok and his parents to join them as well. But most of all she'd never think that this rude stranger that she encountered a few minutes ago would now be walking to his seat, sending glares at her for no reason whatsoever.

Hoseok smiled and silently greeted her before standing up and pulling out the chair for her to sit next to him.

Jieun gave a smile back but the corners of her eyes were focused on the male who was seated directly in front of her

The princess took a sip from the liquid in her cup and that's when the King spoke, "Jungkook, it's a pleasure having you here in our kingdom. We promise to make your stay here a comfortable and interesting experience."

Jieun choked on her drink after the king's words, looking up at her father and then to the male who was trying to hide a satisfied smirk.

But oh, how he was failing so miserably.

Hoseok patted her back, trying to help her recover until she awkwardly came back to her senses and sat up straight, wiping her mouth with her tissue and choosing to ignore what had just happened.

"My apologies." Jieun bowed slightly to the royals, the view of Jungkook holding his laughter was caught in the corner of her eye before she looked over at her father who was already gazing at her with his small, brown eyes full of warmth and worry.

"Father? Mind explaining what's going on?" She asked politely, curving her lips into a small smile while sending death threats at the man in front of her, mentally, of course.

"Oh! Yes, how could I forget!" The king snapped out of his thoughts, cleared his throat and turned around to face the confused royals all sitting and patiently waiting for the story to unfold.

"Everyone, this is Prince Jeon Jungkook. He's the son of a very close friend of mine, King Jaejoon." The king smiled, shoving his fork into his breakfast and taking a bite as the room fell into complete silence.

"Oh, and he'll be staying here in our castle for a few months. As a result, I want you two to get along." The queen spoke up, first eyeing Jieun and then Jungkook to clarify who she was talking about.

Their eyes widened and looked at one another, both of them wanting to scream at the news.

What they didn't suspect that this was just the beginning of one of the many fairytales, which would soon become reality.

If... of course, the fairytale is what you call a messy relationship.

•••