Eight.

Chapter Eight : The Devils Necklace

She felt nothing.

Her sobs had stopped. The tears weren't rushing down her cheeks anymore and her body felt cold.

As her eyes opened from the shut state from fear, she was surprised but relieved as her gaze didn't capture a thing.

He was gone. Not a single trace of him was left behind as he just disappeared for an unclear reason.

The clock ticked, and that was the only sound that was heard in the silent room but she couldn't hear a thing. Her eyes blurred out as she fell into confusion, wondering where he went but most importantly how she was still alive.

She rushed to the mirror in her dark bedroom and grazed her small fingers upon the skin of her neck where she thought there'd be marks and bruises but it was clear just like a sunny day, not a single mark to be seen.

His scent still lurked around her and she still felt how his mind managed to control her every move, how his hands would catch her wrists in his and that mischievous gaze he'd throw her with a toothy grin.

Those images were still rushing before her eyes as she couldn't block them out, and she went to sleep that night with her mind still buried within the question that lurked around.

•••

Today was lonely and dark. It was raining outside and the princess's ears focused on the rain drops that'd pour over the doors and windows of her castle.

She picked at the food in front of her while her parents kept blabbering about unimportant information that she hasn't cared for ever since their argument.

She looked in front of her, expecting for Jungkook to be sitting there, smirking at her as if he had something planned in his mind for her but all she saw was an empty seat.

Jieun let out a deep sigh and leaned back into her chair, which she shortly after pushed back and stood up, bowing to her parents.

"I'm finished my food, thank you for the meal." She said and left her barely touched plate behind as she walked out from the dining room, leaving her confused parents behind.

As she walked in the halls of the castle to an unknown destination she kept glancing outside and smiling as the rain kept pouring down, a strike of lighting following by. The princess enjoyed rain. It felt comforting.

Before she could even lean over on the railings and enjoy the view she heard a slight scream, booming into her ears instantly.

Her lips parted as her confused and curious brown eyes looked to her left and right, but before she even had to figure out where the scream came from it echoed in the halls again, from the right.

Jieun gulped but followed the voice, which was apparently coming from the end of the castle. She grew worried and scared, not knowing what was going to be presented to her.

Her footsteps slowed down as she got closer, a pit in her stomach that was telling her not to go. A voice screaming at her to step away but she didn't. Her heart raced at an unbelievable pace. Her palms started to sweat and she felt dizzy but kept going and for what?

She gasped when she saw a young girl leaned up against the cream colored wall while a male towered over her, his lips attached to her neck and she instantly knew what was going on.