Five.

Chapter Five : Blood.

Here she was, sitting in the same chair, in the same room with the same view.

She saw how her parents argued and fought. Explained and taught but she didn't want to hear a word.

How many times would the same scenario repeat? How many times would she have to let her parents cross the line?

"Why can't you get it, Jieun?! We gave you everything and this is how you treat us?! You're not even giving him a chance!" Her mother threw a tantrum, being the drama queen she is. Literally.

Under those closed curtains and bright smiles, nobody knew the monsters hidden in the rulers of their countries. They didn't know the hate and dominance they kept sealed into the Royals.

Well, not all royals.

"I can't do it! Why can't you understand me?!" Jieun raised her voice at her parents for the first time as she has had enough of the countless lectures and them controlling her every move.

Currently, they were once again having an argument over her engagement and the king and queen were not satisfied by their daughters actions.

It was a normal Saturday evening for them for the past few weeks. Pointlessly fighting and arguing, only to stay exactly the same as the day before.

"We are doing this for you, Jieun! We already talked about this!"

"You aren't doing this for me! You're doing this for yourselves! How selfish could you be to sacrifice your own daughter's happiness for more power and treasure than you already have!?" She argued, abruptly standing up from her chair and coming face to face with her father who had already lost his temper.

"You're marrying Hoseok and that's final! And if you dare ever raise your voice at me-" The king yelled, but couldn't finish his sentence as the princess teared up.

He lowered his voice, but couldn't help feel disrespect from the princess.

Jieun started feeling how her eyes started to burn from the tears she tried to keep blocked from coming anywhere near her cheeks but that obviously failed miserably. She immediately covered her eyes and rushed to the door, the guards not failing to open it in time for her to leave.

Feeling heartbroken and defeated she ran as fast as she could. Ran from this misery she called home. Ran from her responsibilities and the thought of letting her people down, especially her parents.

She slowed down her pace once she calmed down, walking in the dark hallways of the castle. It was night time and she was on the highest floor by an open view, giving the moon a chance to shine through.

The princess hugged herself from the cold air brushing against her. She leaned against the railings and closed her eyes, taking deep breathes in and out until she heard footsteps of someone coming closer and closer.

Slowly opening her eyes, she looked to her side, but she couldn't make out who the person was until he came into the light.

His black hair, broad shoulders, his red lips that he'd often have curved up into a devilish smirk and his big, round eyes that often wouldn't hold any emotion but also speak so many words.

"You're crying." He simply said in his hoarse, deep voice, sending chills down her spine instantly.

Jieun wiped away any remaining tears and looked down to escape from his burning gaze that drained all her self-esteem down to her feet within seconds. Everything about him frightened her.

"I'm not." She replied to avoid conversation as it only stressed her out more and started walking away only to be held back by him catching her wrist in his hand.

Cliché, right?

He turned her around and took the hold of her other wrist, pulling them both to his chest as their bodies were only inches away from one another's.

"You're lying. I can see right through you." He spoke, his eyes wondering down to her tear-stained cheeks that had turned a shade of pink from embarrassment, her dark brown eyes that made her look so vulnerable and innocent and her quaking lips that were slightly agape.

"I'm fine, just let me go." She said strictly, feeling as if her confidence finally made an appearance as she was brave enough to tell him to back off, even thought she desperately needed someone right now. Anyone. Even if that someone was him.

"I'm not letting you go in this state, angel. So if you wanna go then tell me what happened." He said but couldn't help the grin sneaking up on his lips. Oh how he enjoyed being in control. After all, dominance is what he was the best at.

The princess turned her gaze to his, first trying to squirm from his grasp but giving up shortly after until she crashed her eyebrows together.

"You're very bipolar, you know that? What, you're just suddenly playing nice and caring for me after threatening to scare me?"

"I've been told so. And I didn't threaten you, I simply made a deal that you just so happened to accept. Now tell me what happened." He replied and gave out a smirk that he wanted to hold back but failed and gripped her wrists tighter.

The princess sighed and looked down "You'll find out soon enough."

"I'm very impatient, princess." He whispered, not having enough nerves to wait for an answer that he can easily receive right now.

"I know you like being in control. Heck, you've even controlled me, somehow. But I'm not going to be a toy for your mind games, Jungkook. Now let me go." The princess gritted her teeth, her eyes burning into his as she demanded for him to let go of her wrists.

Jungkook bit his reddened lower lip from frustration and that's when Jieun noticed something.

"I-is that blood?" She asked, feeling the fear fill her up as she just wanted to run away but all she did was stand there, as if she was frozen. As if time itself froze.

It darkened even more in the already dimmed hallways, the moon not being able to support the two with enough light, but she saw how his dark brown eyes turned into a blazing red shade. How his already red lips curved up into his signature smirk and the last gaze he shot her until all she could see... was absolutely nothing.

Darkness consumed her entire being. Her body felt numb and her ears were not able to capture a single sound, so, she let herself fall.

"Don't be scared, angel. Soon, you'll be walking right through hell, and I'll be the one dragging you down there."

•••

Okay, hear me out. This is a lame chapter because it's a filler but things are gonna go down very very soon so stick around!

P.S: Some chapters will have a title and some won't because I suck at coming up with those.

S: Some chapters will have a title and some won't because I suck at coming up with those