Nineteen.

Chapter Ninteen : Uncontrollable.

"Is that really how you want your story to end?"

"Leave me alone, Hoseok. This isn't about you." Jieun said coldly and walked right past him, not forgetting to bump her shoulder into his but she couldn't get away so easily as suddenly he appeared right in front of her.

She was shocked, leading her to take a few steps back, realizing that maybe she was messing with magic once again.

"It actually is, my princess." His eyes darkened and turned cold. His once angelic smile and charisma lost beneath the terrifying mask that he now wore.

"I don't want to hurt you, your majesty. But an angel like you, shouldn't be walking through hell with him." Hoseok whispered, his hands gently pushing back a strand of her dark locks behind her ear and smoothly sliding it down her cheek, caressing it.

"I'd rather walk through hell with him than walk heaven with you, Hoseok." She spat through gritted teeth and slapped his hand away from her skin.

"But I appreciate the concern." Jieun added on the last few words and this time actually walked past him, and as every second passed that she got farther away from the prince, she realized how much love can change a person.

He stood there, his tongue poking the inside of his cheek as frustration tore down his patience.

But why are we still thinking about that?

It's almost the wedding day!

•••

"Aw! Could you please not do it so tight? I can't breathe!" The princess called out as her maids were tightening her corset. They both started apologizing and bowing for forgiveness and getting back to work, except now doing it a little more gently.

"I hope you don't run away from your wedding day as you did on your engagement ceremony." The princess' mother entered, still furious about what she had done that day even though almost 2 weeks have passed since then.

"I'm not making any promises, mother." The younger girl said, not afraid to voice her opinions for once in her life as she looked at herself in the mirror, wearing the white dress, decorated by small flowers and diamond jewels.

"You're dismissed." The queen commanded the maids and they quickly rushed out after bowing, closing the door behind them.

"What has gotten into you, Jieun? Where's my innocent, respectful daughter?" Her mother looked at her daughter in worry and surprise, waking towards her and turning the princess to face her as she clutched onto her child's shoulders.

"You mean the naive and sad girl who you've taken every little piece of happiness from?" Jieun didn't take a second to respond and throw a death glare at her poor mother.

"You never had a daughter, your highness. You've only ever had me as a weapon that you've waited until now to use for power. So don't be surprised if I don't think about how you feel when you never even gave a crap about how I felt!" The princess raised her voice, tears beginning to pool up in her dark brown eyes.

The anger in the queen's eyes was undeniable, but with the loss of words she had no other response rather to raise her hand on her own daughter, her own blood and family.

"I wonder how the King would react if he ever heard about this." Thankfully a voice interrupted the two, the queens hand being stopped in the air from shock.