Sixteen.

Chapter Sixteen : Broken promises break everything.

"Move back, now towards me and step right." Hoseok instructed the princess as he was teaching her how to dance properly for their engagement ceremony which would be held in a week or so.

His arms were around her waist but he was only slightly touching her skin with his fingertips as he was still too shy around her, but Jieun was focusing her attention on something completely different.

Her gaze was fixed on her feet, making sure she'd get the right steps while her arms were wrapped around his neck with confidence but her mind was scattered.

At one point she'd think about the dance and the other about her night with Jungkook which would retrace back to this morning, the thought of him messing her moves up almost immediately, forcing them to start over as Hoseok would chuckle a little bit, thinking it was 'cute' how frustrated she'd get and how horrible she was at hiding it.

Hoseok noticed the distress in the princess' expression and tried to lighten up the mood by cracking a few jokes here and there which made Jieun burst out in laughter as he was undeniably hilarious.

But... the curiosity of Hoseok was killing him alive. He wanted to know what her relationship with Jungkook was, so, without knowing Jungkook was there and watching her smile, he asked the question he's been demanding an answer for.

"Your highness, if you don't mind me asking, could you tell me your relationship with Jungkook?" He asked innocently, a smile plastering over his beautiful features.

Jieun coughed, not knowing what to say. Was he her enemy or her lover? The one who'd destroy her or the one who'd set her free?

"He's just- a family friend." She said, trying to look away to somewhere else as she bit down on her lip and swayed her body to the music which was quietly playing in the back of her head.

"A family friend, huh? Anything more than that? Maybe a closer friend or possibly someone you admire?" He said, unable to keep it in him and bombarding her with questions. He felt how his jealously took over him. Was he stuck in another war with Jungkook once again?

"What are yo-" She asked confused and scare, frightened that he could possibly know about her true relationship with Jungkook, which even she didn't know.

The prince didn't let her finish, as he spoke once more "Because if you do, there's no proble-" and that's when he made eye contact with him. The boy watching from beyond the doors.

Hoseok slightly smirked at him and stopped his movements as well as hers.

"I just feel like I need to warn you, love." He said, his grip on her waist getting more noticeable as he pulled her towards himself. Jieun's eyebrows crushed together at his actions and the way he called her 'love'.

"After our engagement ceremony which... is only a week away, it'd be nice if you kept a more distant relationship with him, he doesn't look like someone we can trust." He wanted to separate them but at the same time keep an image of an innocent and non-controlling guy.

Jieun tilted her head to the side and looked at him in slight anger "Just because we're getting married, doesn't mean I'll belong to you, Hoseok, meaning you can't tell me what I can and can't do." She spat, still in his arms.

Just as he was about to speak a cough interrupted the two, both of their gazes moving to the door where he stood, leaning onto the doorframe with his shoulder and his arms crossed, a saddened and somewhat jealous expression plastered on his face while he had his eyebrow poked up.