Three.

Chapter Three.

Jieun bit into her toast, trying to run away from the thoughts chasing her. The thoughts that she's not only forced to marry a stranger, but the thoughts that she has to get along with yet another unknown prince for the sake of being a princess.

Sometimes, she wished that she was a normal citizen, picking flowers and vegetables from the garden, exploring the green forest and spending nights in the shimmering lights of a thousand stars by a waterfall.

But that was just the imagination of what freedom looked like for her. The imagination which would never become a reality. Instead, she was locked up in this bubble of misery with all exits closed shut.

Suddenly, she felt a sudden pang of pain on the right side of her body, more towards her arm. She quietly put down her fork and hid her arm underneath the table, trying to figure out the problem without making a scene.

'Maybe it just fell asleep...' Jieun thought but the feeling was nowhere near numbness. It started to hurt more and more by the passing seconds.

She crashed her eyebrows together at the unfamiliar sensation but almost jumped right out of her skin when Hoseok noticed and looked over at her. He furrowed his eyebrows as well and leaned towards her to whisper.

"Are you alright, princess?" The prince questioned in concern and worry, taking a look at his fiancée.

Jieun looked over at her future husband and a nervous smile formed on her lips as she gripped her forearm to somehow stop it from hurting, "Oh, I'm fi-"

In her mid-sentence, her arm found a mind of its own and placed its palm against Hoseok's thigh, a bit above his knee.

The princess's eyes widened and looked into his, silently pleading for forgiveness as she was also puzzled about the actions she took, which in the moment, she had no control of.

Prince Hoseok was confused and shocked rather than uncomfortable, not expecting affection especially in this way from the princess more importantly this soon.

Jieun tried moving her hand but it seemed to be glued onto his thigh, making the situation awkward and very out of place than normal.

Hoseok didn't know what to do, nor what to say, so he tugged onto his collar, feeling some heat ingulf him in both confusion and embarrassment which were rising up.

Seconds turned into hours, or maybe even the time froze itself. Whatever happened, it sure was unexpected.

Her eyes shot up, the adults were tangled into a deep conversation so they didn't take notice to what was happening under the table until her gaze landed on him. Jeon Jungkook.

He was seen smirking but the instant their gazes met, he looked away and suddenly she took dominance on her arm again, instantly moving it away from Hoseok's leg.

"I'm truly sorry, I don't know what came over me." She whispered and gave a small, nervous smile, sweat starting to form onto her forehead from embarrassment and her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"N-No worries, are you okay? Do you want me to take you to your room?" He questioned, concerned about her condition as he tried to throw away the many questions he had regarding this very situation.

Jieun hesitated before looking in front of her where he was seated, a suspicious aura surrounding her at the thought of him. She looked back at Hoseok and shook her head, politely declining the offer and continuing her meal with a million thoughts and doubts racing in her mind.