PROLOGUE - Together Forever?

KHUSHI

Standing outside the office of the marriage registrar while I waited for him, I thought this was going to be our happily ever after, I mean what's best than marriage right? Everyone says it's the happy ending to every love story, only if we'd look a bit deeper and realize that the happy ending to every love story wasn't marriage, but a happily ever after – together!

Marriage was just a bond that tied two people together, it didn't promise a bed of roses and a happily ever after, people got divorced after few years of getting married and that for sure wasn't a happily ever after.

"Sorry, I'm late." I heard his voice and turned around to face him, in front of me stood the man I loved more than anything else, the man who had always been by my side through thick and thin.

He looked hot as ever in his white tee and black jean, he had his hair gelled and combed all backwards, he looked at me with his grey eyes and it was all enough to make me fall in love with him all over again, i mean look at this man, he was everything i always wanted.

He pecked on my cheek and got hold of my hand as he pulled me with him inside the office, I couldn't stop staring at him and thinking how our lives were going to be perfect together, we were finally going to have everything we had dreamt of.

A big fat Indian wedding wasn't what we dreamt of so that's why we decided to keep it simple by getting married the legal way, but we did perform the rituals of marriage at a temple a few days back so i could say we were already married.

"Did you come along with the witnesses?" A man's voice interrupted my thoughts, I turned to look at him, he was sited on the chair looking grumpy.

He looked like he was in his later thirties and he was already tired of life and it's roller coasters, I turned to look at my man, he was standing close to me, holding my hand in his, he nodded and turned to look at the door as three guys walked inside.

"Well done Shrey, I didn't think you'd manage this is such a short time." I giggled as i patted him on the shoulders to which he just smiled at me.

"I'd do anything for your happiness babe." He winked at me.

"Cheesy much? I feel it could make me a whole margarita pizza." Arnav, one of Shrey's friend said sarcastically as he looked at the both of us, there was something strange about him, he hated marriages and he was here to be the witness to ours, how ironic!

The other two guys were just some random guys who worked at his office but Arnav, he was his best friend, and i dint really like him much. I stared at him from top to bottom, he was dressed in all black just like his soul, he had his hair styled up so perfectly it made me wonder if he was just out of a salon, he had both his hands tucked in the pockets of his jean, I stared at the veins on his hand heading up towards his arm, he had some pretty good muscles, I took my eyes off his body and looked at his face, and when my eyes met with his, he winked at me, I turned away the very next moment feeling disgusted, he was here to be a witness for our marriage and he was winking at me! As much as I wanted to punch him on the face, I dint want to spoil our perfect day.

Arnav Freaking Raizada winked at me! Okay stop making it a big deal Khushi.

I stared at Shrey as he talked to the registrar, my eyes kept on observing each and every tiny movement of his hand and his lips as he talked, he was just so beautiful, i felt lucky to have found this man honestly. 

A while later the registrar handed him some documents, we both had to sign on them followed by the three guys Shrey had brought along as witnesses, and after it was done and dusted, we were pronounced a couple.

Shrey wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, he leaned towards me for a kiss when I heard Arnav groaning.

"I hate couples." He said as he rolled his eyes dramatically before he walked away leaving me furious, what was with him? Why couldn't he just be happy about this whole thing and if he couldn't be happy, he could at least shut up, it wasn't much to ask for!

I mean he was all weird and strange, his best friend got married and he dint even have the nerve to congratulate us.

"Tell me again, why are you friends with this guy?" I looked at Shrey who ended up laughing at me thinking i was making a joke, well i wasn't.