Part 21 - The Right Decision

ARNAV

I couldn't take my eyes off her, she was seated on the bed looking at me, how I had Aria wrapped around my arms and the tears that dropped down her eyes told me things I wasn't sure of, she was hurt because I was showing interest in Aria and I was hurt because she was showing interest in me.

Neither of this was right, me being in love with my best friend's wife wasn't right, me lying to Aria that I was interested in her only because I dint want to end up doing anything terrible to Shrey wasn't right and right now, Khushi looking at me this way wasn't right.

She turned to look the other way trying to avoid looking at me but her eyes had already done too much talking and I was scared because what I had seen was making me weak when I was trying to be strong.

Aria broke the hug and looked at me excitedly but how could I tell her I wasn't interested in looking back at her, I was just interested in looking at Khushi and right now she was hurting because of me and I couldn't bear that.

Aria opened her mouth to speak, she was about to say something when her phone interrupted, she pulled it out of her pocket making faces but as soon as she looked at the screen, her expressions calmed down, she received the call as she took a few steps away from me.

"Yes sir, I'll be there right away." She said as she disconnected the call and looked at Shrey.

"Sorry Arnav, I have to go its' urgent, Shrey will you please come with me, the doctor I was telling you about is here, the one that was going to help me in Khushi's case, you'll understand things better if you come along, Arnav you can join us too if you wish to." Aria said as she looked at the both of us.

"No, someone needs to be here with Khushi plus Shrey should know all the details so take him along, I'll stay with Khushi." I said.

They both nodded positively and rushed outside leaving me standing where I was, I kept on staring at Khushi who was trying her best not to look at me.

"What's wrong Khushi?" I asked as I walked towards her taking slow steps, she dint say anything, she just sat there silently not wanting to look at me or even talk to me.

"Look at me Khushi." I said as I stopped near her bed and sat down, I got hold of her and made her face me, she still had tears in her eyes.

"When you said I was special to you, did you even mean it? Because right now I think Aria is becoming more special than I was." She asked.

"Khushi" I looked at her in shock, she looked broken, the tears weren't stopping and I felt so weak, so damn weak!

"Did you mean it Arnav? Yes or No?" She asked once again.

"Yes I meant it, I meant every bit of it Khushi." I shouted back angrily, why was this even making me angry?

She seemed to have calmed down a bit but the tears were still there and as much as I wanted to wipe them off, I was just stopping myself knowing that I wasn't the one supposed to do that, Shrey was.

"If you meant it, why are you giving that place to Aria now, why is she becoming important to you Arnav, does that mean that I mean nothing to you? What are you trying to do? Please tell me because I am confused by you saying something else and doing something else." She looked at me accusingly.

"I am trying to keep myself away from you Khushi, don't you see that? Don't you see that Aria doesn't matter to me, all that matters is you but..." I ran my hand through my hair in frustration, all this was becoming more and more complicated.

"But what Arnav? You want me to see that Aria doesn't matter to you when you can't see how much I love you?" She shouted at me angrily leaving me stunned.