Part 27 - Choose Me

KHUSHI

I stood outside the room nervously, I dint know if it was a good idea to go inside and talk to Shrey at the moment, he was hurt and angry and I dint know what to do.

I pushed the door open after gathering enough confidence, as I walked in, I found him seated on the floor, leaning against the bed, his eyes were bloodshot and it just scared me more.

He looked at me silently for a moment while I stood in front of him, I dint really have anything to say, I had explained everything to him, the only thing I could now was to apologize and continue apologizing until everything was ok.

"Tell me where I went wrong Khushi, I did everything I could to keep you happy and safe, I loved you always, I respected you, I just don't get how all of it was never enough." He looked at me sadly.

"I already explained Shrey, you have always been so perfect, it was just..."

"That girl in my room was Aria, I already explained to you why she was there, and I disconnected the call because I knew you would doubt on me, if at that time I knew it was going to make you fall out of love with me and fall for someone else, I would have never done that."

"I already told you Shrey, I still love you, just as much as I loved you before." I sat down beside him and looked him into the eyes trying to make him believe.

"What about Arnav?" He asked.

I looked at him silently, honestly I dint want to answer him because it was going to hurt him.

"Just tell me the truth Khushi, what about Arnav, do you, you know love him?" He asked once again, I just nodded positively without saying it.

"You can't love two people at the same time, it's either you loved me and you still love me and you never loved Arnav or it's because you fell out of love with me and fell in love with him." He looked at me seriously as tears streamed down his eyes.

At this moment I hated myself so much, I hated having this kind of feelings and I hated everything that was happening because of this feelings, until an year ago, everything in my life was so good, so perfect and then everything changed in a flash.

"I dint force myself to feel that way about him, I had no control over it Shrey, it just happened."

"So you love him, that's the final answer right." Shrey said.

"What do you want me to do Shrey? Accept that I fell out of love with you because I don't think so. Yes I felt something towards Arnav but it wasn't because I felt anything less towards you. I don't know how it happened or why it happened, I just know that it did and it wasn't my fault, it wasn't your fault neither was it his fault."

"Then whose fault was it Khushi?"

"I don't know, maybe destiny, I just know anything, all this is just so messed up and I messed it up and I am really sorry Shrey" I looked at him sadly.

"Stop saying you are sorry!" He shouted angrily making me flinch, Shrey and I had had so many arguments and fights in our relationship but he had never been this angry on me, I knew this was different, he was supposed to be angry, I was just hoping that maybe I was going to make him understand.

"What do I say then? Or what do I do to make things alright?"

"Just leave me alone."

"Shrey I..."

"I said leave me alone Khushi! Can't I get a bit of time to think about it, you had an entire week to fall in love and I can't even get a day to think about it?" He looked at me angrily.