Part 11 - Pizza Competition

ARNAV

I kept on walking around the house, I passed by her room almost every five minutes hoping she would come out and I would talk to her but she kept herself locked inside the room for forever.

I was starting to get worried, after talking to Shrey I dint know why I had also started to believe that maybe there was ninety percent chance that he was actually cheating on Khushi, I mean I was his best friend, why would he lie to me about going abroad with Aria?

Plus when I confronted him, why would he tell me not to tell Khushi anything, if he wasn't wrong, why did he even have to hide it?

Although I was trying to reason with Khushi, there was a part inside me wanting to believe that my best friend was doing to someone what he had seen getting done to me.

I felt so angry, I felt like punching him on the face, how could he do this to Khushi despite knowing how much she loved him? How could he do despite knowing how much it would hurt her? Hadn't he seen me after whatever that had happened to me? He was the one who helped me come out of it, but who was going to help Khushi come out of it?

My phone vibrated so I pulled it out of the pocket and looked at the screen, there was a notification of a new message received, I swiped the screen and opened the message, it was from Shrey and it read:

"Please, I beg you don't tell Khushi anything about this, I'll explain everything when I come back, it might take me much longer than decided, I hope you'll handle everything."

I threw the phone on the floor feeling so pissed, I couldn't believe this was my best friend, cheating on his wife and asking me to hide it from her as if I was going to do that.

No! There was no way I was going to let Khushi go through what I had been through, she was going to break, and I dint think I could take that.

I walked back to her room and knocked at the door, she dint respond, she dint even tell me to go away or anything, all I got back was silence so I knocked once again.

"Khushi, please come out, we need to talk." I said.

Still, there was no response.

"Khushi please talk to me for once, locking yourself in a room wouldn't help, talking to a friend will and today I am here for you, not as Shrey's best friend but as a friend to you, and I promise you if Shrey is wrong, I won't support him, please trust me."

I waited for a moment but was met with silence again, so I turned around to walk away when I heard the sound of the door opening, I quickly turned around and found Khushi standing at the door, her eyes were red and puffy as if she'd been crying since she found out the truth.

"Khushi!" I looked at her worriedly.

She jumped on me suddenly and hugged me so tight as she broke down once again, and today I dint want to resist, I dint find anything wrong with this hug because she needed someone, someone to be by her side and promise her all was going to be okay, and if she was going to give me that chance to be her friend, I was definitely going to take it.

"Hey... it's going to be okay, everything is going to be okay, please don't cry." I said as I held her tight in my arms.

I dint know if it was because I had never hugged anyone since my divorce or if it was because it was a hug from Khushi, but there was a different feeling about it, the one that I couldn't explain in words, it just felt good and right.

I broke the hug and cupped her face, I looked her into the eyes and wiped her tears off with my thumb but yet she wouldn't stop crying.

"If you don't stop crying, I'll also start crying with you, I can't see tears in your eyes." I said as I wiped her tears off again and this time she smiled slightly.