Part 3 - Aria

ARNAV

I walked into Shrey's cabin as he was busy having his meeting in my cabin, God knows why he decided to have his meeting in my cabin instead on his, technically, his cabin was bigger than mine and better than mine and it looked better than mine also.

I settled down on his chair and looked at his table, it was full of colorful spring files, and papers scattered all over, his laptop had been switched on, I stared at the screen saver, it was his and Khushi's wedding picture, the wedding that I had witnessed at the registrar's office.

They both looked so happy and so much in love, the way Khushi was looking at Shrey in that picture, it showed how much she loved him, like he meant the whole world to her.

She had beautiful hazel eyes, and the smile on her face was the one that could brighten up the whole world, I took off my eyes from the screen and saw a picture placed a bit further from the laptop, I picked it up.

It was Khushi's picture, in this one she wasn't with Shrey, but all alone, it looked like it was taken at the beach opposite her house, I could say that by seeing the water on the background, she was holding some sand in her hand and she laughing like it was the thing that made her happiest in the world.

I don't know what it was about the picture, but I couldn't stop staring at it, she was pretty attractive and until today I had never seen her like that, I had never had a look at her so closely, of course she was my best friend's wife, how could I have looked at her in any other way?

But today no matter how much I tried, I couldn't stop admiring her, she was strong, she was beautiful and she told me on the face that she hated me, she was so different, different than all the girls I had met in my life.

I placed the picture back where it was and inhaled a deep breath, it was better for me if i stayed away from her or any other girl as a matter of fact, i just dint want to allow anyone else in my life,  I wouldn't let any other girl hurt me once again, I wanted to live my life on my terms and making myself happy.

I was lost in thoughts when the door opened suddenly and a girl came running inside, my eyes fell first on her yellow heels and I wondered how she even managed to walk in them, the heel was as thin as a pencil and maybe three inch long.

"I am sorry I'm late." She said as she adjusted her dress before looking at me, once she looked at she was left in surprise I guess because she opened up her eyes so wide and looked at me like I was an alien or something, it looked like she wasn't expecting to see me here.

I looked at her realizing she was the same girl I had seen with Shrey last night when we went to pick up dinner for Khushi, and just like yesterday, even today she was dressed in a yellow dress, but this one was a bit different from the one she had on yesterday.

Yellow seemed to be her favorite color, I don't remember the last time I had worn yellow on two consecutive days, although I dint like the color much, I couldn't deny the fact that it suited her pretty well, yellow was so her color and maybe she knew that, that's why she was wearing too much of yellow.

"I'm sorry, I thought it was Shrey's cabin." She said as she bit her lip nervously.

"It is, he's just having a meeting in my cabin so I'm here in his, you can sit here and wait for him, he'll be done soon." I said.

She nodded at me as she walked towards the chair that was placed opposite the table, she settled down and looked around the cabin, right now all I could think of was how did she know this was Shrey's cabin, wasn't she coming here the first time? Wasn't yesterday the first time she met him? I had a lot of questions in my mind right now, and somewhere I knew why I had them, because of my past!