Part 18 - Awkwardness

KHUSHI

I looked at Aria as she pulled a chair and settled down opposite me, staring at me nervously as if she dint know what to say, she just kept on staring at me for a while until she finally spoke up.

"I know this must be hard for you, I mean cancer is a big thing and Shrey kept the news from you but I hope you understand that he was just worried for you.

Now I am here as your doctor and I want you to know that I'll do the best, I'll do all I can to help you fight this disease, but there's one thing also and that is, you have to be really strong Khushi, okay?" She smiled at me.

I nodded positively not really knowing what to say, technically she was the girl I thought my husband was cheating on me with and now even though I knew that he wasn't cheating on me, there was just some kind of dislike I had towards her.

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the feeling, mostly the girls out there, at times we end up disliking someone for no actual reason at all, and this was one of such times for me, she was my doctor and I disliked her, what a combination.

"So tell me Khushi, do you have any questions? Anything that has you worried, you can ask me anything." she smiled brightly.

"Nothing." I nodded negatively while she still kept on staring at me, well to be honest I had so many questions in my mind, the most important one was, was I going to survive? But I was too scared to ask that.

"Okay then we're good to go, I just want you to be comfortable around me okay? If there's anything you can always ask me and talk to me, I'll just get everything done and we'll start with your treatment." She smiled as she stood up and then headed out of my room as I inhaled a deep breath, honestly speaking, she was sweet and polite and she seemed like a nice person but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't like her.

A few moments later, Shrey and Arnav walked back in, while Shrey settled down on the chair Aria had left empty behind, and Arnav stood beside him.

Well I dint even know how to put this situation into words so that it could explain how I was feeling at the moment, let's just say it was really very awkward.

Arnav's eyes were on me, he was looking for a moment where our eyes would meet while I was trying to avoid the situation, I don't know what exactly had happened between us but nothing felt normal anymore, not like it was before.

"You worried?" I heard Shrey's voice, it brought me back from the thoughts and I looked at him.

"Not really, trying to be strong, I know I can do this." I smiled and I noticed Arnav smiling too and that made me realize that he also wanted me to be strong and fight this.

"That's like my girl." Shrey said as he pulled me into a hug and I know my next move should have been to hug him but instead my eyes followed Arnav who immediately turned to look the other way.

God! I hated this, I hated feeling this awkward, I hated knowing that I had created a special place for myself in his heart and now things were never going to be normal between us but the other truth was also that, I was married and I loved Shrey a lot, there was never going to be space for anyone else in my heart ever!

"Are you hungry? Should I get you something to eat?" Shrey asked as he broke the hug and looked at me tucking my hair behind my ears.

"Sure, I'm famished." I smiled.

"I'll get you something right away." He said as he stood up and headed outside leaving Arnav and me alone in the room.

Arnav turned back to look at me as he walked a few steps closer to me and looked at me with concern.