Part 10 - Cheating Or Not?

KHUSHI

He helped stand up as I stared at him for what seemed like forever waiting for him to tell me the truth, he stared back at me looking shocked, he tried to speak for a couple of times but ended up saying nothing making me more worried.

I fell down on my knees once again breaking down completely, maybe his silence told me what I dint want to hear, maybe Shrey was really cheating on me, why else would Arnav be silent? I still couldn't believe it, i mean how was it possible, he couldn't cheat on me could he?

Shrey and I had known each other for so long, we had been in a relationship before we got married and as much as I had known him, I knew he wasn't the kind of a person to cheat on me, but as much as I dint want to believe that Shrey could do something like this to me, I couldn't deny the facts, I had seen a girl in his room, what was that supposed to mean?

"Khushi!" I heard Arnav say my name and the next moment I saw him kneeling down next to me, looking at me worriedly.

"Tell me the truth Arnav, you know what it's like to be cheated on so for the sake of it please tell me the truth." I begged him.

I kept on staring at him hoping for an answer but he remained quiet, he just kept on staring at me, trying to calm me down but how was I supposed to calm down after knowing this? and why wasn't he telling me anything? he was making me angry but staying silent like this.

"Don't try to console me if you aren't going to tell me the truth, after all this I thought at least you would understand what I might be going through Arnav!" I shouted at him.

I pushed him away from me and stood up to leave but he got hold of my hand and pulled me back, he held me in his arms and hugged me tight leaving me surprised.

"I am sorry Khushi, I wish I could give you answers but I can't say something I'm not sure of, yes I also think he is cheating on you because of some things that have happened recently but I'm not sure and I dint want to tell you about it until I was sure."

I broke the hug and stared at him completely shocked, he knew it! He knew about it all this while and dint find it important to tell me? Just a recently he was telling me how he was cheated on and he let it happen to me. I know it wasn't his fault or anything but he should have at least told me about it.

"I am sorry Khushi, I just saw him with that girl twice so I wasn't sure, and then recently I found out that they had gone together and I wanted to call him and confront him but that's when you called me and I came here, but please believe me when I say I'm not sure." he tried to explain, but how could i believe him, what if he was lying for his best friend? but then he had gone through something similar, i'm sure he wouldn't want me or anyone else to go through it. I dint even know how to feel about all this anymore.

"Really Arnav, what else do you need to be sure? He went out of country with a girl, I saw them in the same room together, what else do I need to believe the facts?" I broke the hug and looked at him, he looked defeated, like he dint have any explanation to it.

"That doesn't prove that he's cheating on you, I know my best friend, he wouldn't do that to you, he loves you so much!" he shouted at me, seriously? he was shouting at me when he hid things from me, things I should have known sooner.

I took a few steps backwards looking at him in confusion, was he the one saying this? The one who had trusted his wife as much as he trusts his best friend and in the end what did she do to him? Dint she cheat on him?

"So you think I want to believe this? I have known him Arnav, I love him and as much as I don't want to believe that he's cheating on me I can't deny what I saw, you also know it but you're just trying to deny the truth aren't you?"