Part 4 - In The Same Apartment

KHUSHI

I had just finished cooking dinner when the doorbell rang, I rushed to open the door knowing it must be Shrey, I unlocked the door and pulled it open as he walked in with a bright smile and pulled me into a hug directly.

"I missed you." he smiled as he broke the hug and kissed on my temple making me blush, even after two years of being married to him, this little things always made me blush.

"I missed you too, anyway dinner's ready just freshen up and then we'll sit and have dinner together." I smiled at him.

He looked at me with confusion, the expressions on his face were funny, it was as if he was surprised that I had cooked dinner like I dint know how to cook.

"Shit, I am so sorry." He ran his hand through his hair making me worried, he looked tensed suddenly and I wondered what was wrong suddenly, why was he sorry about me cooking dinner? It dint make sense at all.

"Is everything okay Shrey?" I asked in confusion, i mean he had weird expressions and now he was serious and worried, what was happening all over a sudden?

"Of course, everything's fine, I just forgot to inform you, I have a flight to catch and I'm leaving in like ten minutes, I just came home to pack my clothes and leave." He said running his hand through his hair nervously.

I looked at him having nothing to say, for the two years we had been married I don't even remember if there was a time he forgot to inform me about anything, he made sure I knew his travel plans at least a week before and if they were made suddenly, I got to know as soon as possible and today, he was telling me about it when he was just leaving.

Things were starting to seem weird, I knew it was human nature to forget and I dint blame him, but then his behavior just became different suddenly and that had me sort of worried.

"I am sorry Khushi, I know you must be angry, I just don't know how I forgot to inform you this time, actually it was decided just today morning after the meeting, I have to travel outside to meet some other people and I got my tickets booked, I am so sorry, I'm just becoming so forgetful." He ran his hand through his hair once again making my heart melt, he looked cute when he acted this way.

I pulled him closer and hugged him once again and I could feel him calm down, I don't know why he was so worried really, it wasn't like he was doing something wrong which he wasn't, and he knew i never got angry about small things like this.

"Relax, go freshen up, I'll pack your bag." I broke the hug and looked at him with a smile.

"Thank you wifey, I don't know what I would have done without you in my life." He smiled as he pecked on my cheeks before rushing into the room and i followed him behind..

He rushed inside the bathroom in a hurry while I packed a few clothes for him, his business trips usually lasted less than a week so I knew how many pairs of clothes to pack for him.

Just when I was done with the packing, he walked out of the bathroom, his half body covered in a white towel, he had another towel in his hand that he was rubbing on his hair at the moment.

I folded my arms as I stared at this man in front of me, at times he made me wonder what I did to have him in my life, his perfect abs were something, they always did so much to me and I knew that he knew that, that's why when he walked towards me, he got hold of my hand and pulled me closer, I crashed on his chest while I blushed.

"Still blushing after two years of our marriage babe?" He winked at me.

"Aren't you getting late now?" I asked as I pushed him away trying hard not to blush, he was just so perfect in every sense.