Part 31 - Losing Her

ARNAV

"I am sorry Shrey." I said once again as we stepped out of the room, I didn't know how many times I was going to apologize to him because no matter how many times I apologized, it wasn't going to be enough.

I was his best friend for heaven sake, I shouldn't have done this to him, but if I'm being honest, I don't regret falling in love with Khushi, she was the most beautiful thing to have ever happened to me.

"I said it's okay Arnav, stop saying sorry, neither of us can change what had already happened, we just have to move on I guess." Shrey shrugged.

I nodded at him as I leaned on the wall, he placed the tray he had been holding on the bench nearby and stood beside me, leaning on the wall.

"I was angry when you left, I missed you." He said.

"I know, I wasn't thinking straight. You had all the right to be angry, I should have just stayed back and waited for your anger to calm." I replied.

"I know, but we are humans, we make mistakes." He sighed.

"We do." I nodded.

Maybe it was a mistake to fall for my best friend's wife, but it wasn't a mistake to fall for Khushi, what I felt for her was just something I couldn't describe in words.

"Aria said her health is deteriorating, if it keeps on going this way, we might lose her." He said breaking me out of my thoughts, I looked at him and he looked scared, I was scared too, we dint want to lose her. I mean she was the only good thing to have happened to me, after I fell in love with her, it was when I felt that this life was worth living and I couldn't handle losing her at any cost.

At times I wish things weren't as complicated as they are, then maybe I could sit with her and not leave her side at all, I would hold her in my arms forever and tell her it was all going to be fine and I was here with her, always.

But well she had a husband and he clearly had more rights on her than I did.

"I know, she called me and I rushed here, I don't want to lose her." I said sadly and then looked at him nervously, I shouldn't have said that out loud, I dint even know what he would think about me, for a moment I thought I was talking to my best friend only so I could tell him all I felt, but then I forgot that was Khushi's husband too and I couldn't tell him some things.

"Me neither." Shrey said sadly.

"Don't worry, maybe this was Destiny's way to make things alright and now that everything is fine, she's going to be fine too." I tried to convince Shrey even when I couldn't convince myself.

"Yeah, anyway watch on her I need to talk to Aria." He said.

I nodded so he walked away heading into Aria's office and I stayed back, I tried not to go inside but I just wanted to make sure she was okay so I pushed the door open and peeped inside, she was lying on the bed silently staring at the ceiling.

"You can come inside Arnav, stop peeping like a thief, I can't sleep anyway." She giggled. I smiled and walked inside as she sat up on the bed once again, I sat opposite her as she looked me into the eyes.

"It's after long I feel at peace today, knowing things are getting back to normal." She smiled.

"I know, they'll be perfectly fine once you are out of the hospital." I smiled back, she looked at me with expressions that said a lot that I didn't want to hear.

"Arnav, I've never died before." She giggled. "Okay I don't even understand what I'm saying as if I'd remember if I died before." She continued giggling.