Part 25 - Out and About

KHUSHI

I looked at him in shock, I couldn't believe that he was saying all this, out of all the people in the entire world, he was the one trying to ruin this marriage.

We had decided to forget about it all and move on anyway so why was he here trying to convince me to tell Shrey the truth?

"You're being selfish Arnav, you're trying to ruin my marriage with Shrey so you can have me." I accused him.

"What? No! You're taking me wrongly Khushi, I am not trying to ruin your marriage, I'm trying to save it!" He looked at me with expressions that showed that he dint believe I trusted him, well at the moment I really dint.

I already had so much going on in life, and here he was adding more problems to my life, everything had been good for the past six months, why couldn't he just let it be that way?

"How are you saving my marriage Arnav, if Shrey learns about this, this marriage will come to an end!"

"What if he finds out from somewhere else Khushi, do you think he won't end it then, don't you think it's better if he learns the truth from us?

We dint do anything wrong Khushi, we dint cheat on him, we just developed feelings which we have no control over, no one in the world does, so we haven't cheated yet, but we would be cheating him if we hide this from him.

If he learns about it from the both of us, I'm sure he will be hurt but he would understand, but if he ever finds out in another way, he will think we've cheated on him and he would never be able to forgive either of us." Arnav looked at me sadly.

I stared at him silently for a moment, I might have actually misunderstood him in the beginning but somewhere deep down inside my heard I knew he was right, we had to tell Shrey the truth before he found out about it from somewhere else.

I knew it was the right thing to do, he knew it was the right thing to do, we just dint know how exactly to do it because as much as it was the right thing to do, it was scary as hell.

I dint want to hurt him, I dint want him to look at me accusingly, because it wasn't my fault, I developed feelings which weren't right but I dint force myself to develop them, it just happened.

"Do you think he would understand? Maybe even if we tell him, it might save my marriage but what about your friendship Arnav? You both have been friends since forever?"

"And that's why I want to tell him, that's what a true friend would do. Listen I'm not rushing you, just take your time, think about it and then when you are ready, tell him the truth, I know he would understand." Arnav smiled at me.

He was assuring enough but no matter how much he assured me, there was that fear inside me, what if he dint understand?

What if he wouldn't be able to forgive me for it but decide to stay with me because I have cancer? I dint want his pity, I don't even know what I wanted.

There was still a part of me that loved Arnav, even after staying apart for so long, every time I went to the hospital for my chemo sessions, I wanted him to be around me even when I knew he couldn't and he wouldn't.

"Aria has been asking about you." I said as I tried to change the topic, I seriously dint want to discuss about this anymore because it was freaking me out.

"You haven't been receiving her calls, you haven't been calling her, so she was asking me if I knew anything, she really does seem to like you and as you had gone for a date with her I thought you were going to be with her." I looked at him.