Part 22 - Back Home

KHUSHI

"Time to go home." Shrey announced excitedly as he walked in my room while I was lost in thoughts.

I just couldn't believe how my life had changed in a matter of a few days, how I went from being madly and crazily in love with Shrey to falling for Arnav without realizing it.

"Finally." I tried to smile and act happy about going home once again, but nothing about going home made me happier anymore apart from the part that I dint have to be on this hospital bed all the time.

"Hey, everything is going to be okay." Shrey said as he pulled me into a hug noticing the look on my face, he always noticed every little thing about me, even if I lied to him I was okay and showed it perfectly, he would still know I wasn't okay.

I nodded as I broke the hug and he helped me to stand up.

"I'll tell Arnav to get the rest of the things." He said as he helped me out of the room and even the mention of Arnav's name made me feel a lot or things that I never thought I'd feel about anyone else rather than Shrey.

On our way out, I saw Arnav standing with Aria in one corner, they were busy in a conversation, Aria was talking nonstop and Arnav was just listening to her and smiling.

To be honest it really did hurt seeing Arnav with her, it was natural, I had feelings which I couldn't deny nor change, all I could do was accept them and let them go because I had to spend the rest of my life with Shrey, that was how it was meant to be and that was how it was going to be.

No matter how strong the feelings between me and Arnav were, we both knew that neither of us would do anything like this to Shrey.

"You okay?" Shrey asked after we were in the car and he was driving us home.

"Yes, just too much of thoughts regarding the cancer, it will take time for me to accept it." I tried to smile, I dint like lying to him, but there was no other option here.

It was strange wasn't it, right now rather than thinking about my health and worrying about it, I was thinking about Arnav.

*****

It felt good to be back home after so many days, back to the apartment and sitting on the sofa watching the ocean from there was such a bliss, it was the only thing that kept me from thinking about all the things that were going on in my life.

Shrey was busy in the kitchen making some soup for me, after he was done, he walked with the bowl and sat beside me.

He started feeding me with his own hand and I couldn't stop smiling, I don't know how I even thought that he could cheat on me, he had always loved me so much, he always took care of me like a baby...

"It's been ages since I made soup so if you don't like it, I'm sorry I'll try to make a better one tomorrow." He smiled at me.

"It's perfect." I smiled as I looked him into the eyes, he smiled and continued feeding me while I stared at him.

He finished feeding me and then placed the bowl aside as he wiped my mouth with a napkin and kept on staring at me.

Everything felt like it was getting back to normal, he cupped my face and moved closer to me, brushing his thumb against my lips. I had always liked when he was this romantic, he did such cute things to me, but today it was all different.

He was being they Shrey he used to be, the one who loved me and showed me how much he did by doing so much for me, but today I wasn't the Khushi I used to be, my heart was torn between two people and what he was doing dint feel as comfortable as it always did.

I know, he was my husband, we both loved each other and he had all the right to kiss me and I was supposed to feel good about it but I dint.

"I... I need to use the washroom." I said as I stood up suddenly and walked away. I know I must have left him confused wondering what was wrong with me or anything, but I couldn't just do this, not so soon.

Maybe I needed time, to be okay once again, to be normal and to be in love with him once again.

I stayed inside the washroom for like five minutes just trying to calm myself down and tell myself that everything was going to be okay and when I was done convincing myself, I headed out back to the hall where I had left Shrey.

This time, he wasn't alone, he was with Arnav and that was really surprising for me, I remembered that we both had decided to stay away from each other so why was he even here? Not that I dint like seeing him here, it just wasn't right.

"Here she is, I'll tell her to convince you." Shrey stood up as he walked towards me.

"You'll tell me to convince who about what?" I looked at him in confusion.

"Arnav, I was telling him to stay here for dinner, I was thinking I'll order something from outside, and the three of us would just spend some time together but he's adamant on leaving, he's making stupid excuses." Shrey said.

"He must be having a date with Aria." I tried to giggle although it wasn't funny at all.

"He can go to the date later, today you are having dinner with us, that's all, Khushi tell him, maybe he will listen to you." Shrey looked at me.

I looked at him and then at Arnav not knowing what to say, but if Shrey wanted him to be here, I had no other choice, we had decided to stay away from each other, I dint have any right to keep two best friends away.

"Shrey is right, have dinner with us today please." I looked at him.

"Okay." He nodded as he looked away immediately, Shrey and I walked back towards the sofa and sat down.

"I even forgot to thank you Arnav, for agreeing to stay here and take care of Khushi." Shrey said.

"Are you really thanking your best friend Shrey? Since when did we ever thank each other for anything?" Arnav raised an eyebrow.

"I know we don't but Khushi, she's very important to me, I can't explain in words what she means to me and you took care of her so I just had to." Shrey smiled.

I know he loved me a lot and honestly I hated myself for feeling this way about Arnav, it wasn't fair to Shrey. I felt really guilty about this, I dint want to do anything wrong to him.

"I know how important she is to you Shrey." Arnav said as he looked at me, we both looked at each other awkwardly for a moment and then turned to look everywhere else but at each other.

I tried to look at the ceiling, at the walls, at the beach, I tried to look everywhere I could but in the end, my eyes would always stop at him.

Arnav stood up and walked towards the window, he placed his hand on it as he looked outside and I couldn't stop admiring how beautiful he looked when the rays of the setting sun fell on his face right through the window.

He was just so perfect.

"Why are you both behaving so weirdly?" Shrey asked as he looked at me and then at Arnav who had now turned to look at him.

"What do you mean by weird?" Arnav asked.

"Since I've got married to Khushi, whenever you two are present in once place, you are always arguing about something or saying hateful words to each other, so it's weird that today the both of you are silent.

Arnav, I don't want you to treat my wife differently just because she is ill, she will get well and I'll make sure she does so please be normal to her, just argue and fight you guys, it was always entertaining to watch you guys argue." Shrey smiled remembering the moments Arnav and I used to dislike each other.

I looked at Shrey wondering what to say, we both knew that this silence wasn't because I was sick, it was because so much had changed between me and Arnav since he left.