Part 1 - The Girl In The Yellow Summer Dress

ARNAV

We stopped at the Romano's to pick up dinner, it was Shrey and Khushi's second wedding anniversary and unlike usual couples, they dint make a fuss about it but kept in simple, he wanted to do something for her and he thought getting her some Italian dish for dinner would be it.

I waited for him inside the car in the parking lot as he headed inside the restaurant to make his order, I knew it was going to take a while so I pulled my phone from the pocket and started playing some games.

A few minutes into it, I heard a buzzing sound and it wasn't from my phone, I looked at the driver's seat and found Shrey's phone there, it must have fallen from his pocket maybe.

I picked it up and the screen was flashing with the name 'wifey' on it, couples and there nick names seriously. I placed it back where it was and decided to ignore it thinking I would tell him to call back when he returns.

The phone kept on buzzing every now and then and it was almost pissing the hell out of me, If he wasn't receiving the call, why wouldn't she stop calling? Cant you get that maybe the person is just busy or something? I picked it up and walked out of the car, I had to take it to Shrey, Maybe it was something something urgent because Khushi never kept on calling like this before, i mean of course i knew because i spent mostly all day with Shrey in the same office.

I locked the car and headed inside the restaurant, unlike what I thought, today it wasn't as crowded as it usually was, which meant it would be easier to find Shrey.

I looked around for a while until I spotted him standing in a corner talking to a girl, she was just as tall as Khushi but I couldn't say much as she had some black 4 inch heels on. Dint those hurt? I wasn't really judging but i always wondered how girls managed to walk in something like those, but maybe they knew how to so that's why they wore it.

I walked a bit closer from where I could see her properly, this girl was pretty attractive, she had grey eyes just like Shrey, but not the same shade, her hair was all straightened and left open hanging till her waist, she flipped it backward and now I could get a clear look at her yellow summer dress, it was as if this color was completely meant for her.

She was talking to Shrey with so much interest it looked like they'd known each other for ages, but according to me that wasn't the case, I had been friends with Shrey since forever, we were the best buddies and we told each other everything, but he had never mentioned anything about this girl to me which meant maybe he dint know her much so why was he talking to her? I wasn't being nosy or anything, I was just a bit curious.

The phone started buzzing again reminding me why I was here, as much as I dint want to be nosy, I had to intervene the conversation he was having with the girl in the yellow dress, no matter how interesting it looked from the way they were talking.

I rushed towards him and stopped right next to the girl, he was a bit surprised to see me there as if he had forgotten that he had brought me along to buy dinner.

"Sorry for disturbing but your phone has been buzzing since long." I said as I handed him his phone, he looked at the screen and it looked like there was a sudden realization of something, I couldn't tell what exactly, but there was this expression on his face that said a lot of things which i dint really want to decipher.

"We're getting late, I think we should go home." He said as he disconnected the call and looked at me nervously, as if I had caught him doing something wrong, i couldnt understand why he was nervous, i mean it was completely okay to have a conversation with someone right?

He turned to look at the girl in the yellow dress who hadn't taken her eyes off him yet, she had a beautiful smile plastered on her face as she admired Shrey, it almost made me feel like she had developed a crush on him, only if she knew he was married and he had a wife waiting for him at home.