Part 9 - Tell me the truth

ARNAV

I punched the wall so angrily I ended up hurting myself, what the hell was I even doing? I know it was just a hug, people always hugged each other, for greetings or other reasons and the hug between me and her, it meant nothing like she said, she just wanted to make me feel better, and I would have agreed only if it dint make me feel the way it did, it felt nothing like a normal hug, everything about it was so different and I dint want this.

I dint want to be that kind of a man neither did I ever want to see Khushi as that kind of a person, plus I wouldn't do this to my own best friend, no matter what he was doing right now.

Right now everything that was happening around me was making me feel just so angry, I was feeling things I shouldn't for my best friend's wife, my best friend was out of country with a mysterious girls for God knows what reasons and Khushi was here waiting for him, trusting him, I swear if he ever broke her trust, I was the one going to kill him.

I walked towards the bed and settled down realizing I had to maintain my distance from her, I had to look at her as my best friends wife and that was it, and regarding Shrey, it was high time he gave me an explanation about why he needed to take Aria with him, she dint even work for our company.

She was basically just a stranger whom he met when he had gone to pick up dinner for his wife and eventually forgot about his own wife.

For a moment I wanted to believe that things weren't the way I was seeing them, maybe there was a different explanation, Shrey loved Khushi a lot, I mean who knew it better than me, that guy couldn't ever stop talking about Khushi, he was always telling me how happy she made and and all that, since the first day he met her, he would tell me about everything they talked and how he would flirt with her and eventually they fell in love.

It was like I was a witness of their love story, although I hadn't really met her, the way he talked about her, I could imagine how she was, and when I met her for the first time, she turned out exactly like that, so I kind of knew how much Shrey loved her and there was no way he was going to do anything terrible to her, not something like this at least.

Not when he had seen me going through it, apart from me if there was anyone who knew how much pain all that happened in my past had caused me, it was Shrey, and I was sure he wouldn't want to give Khushi such kind of pain ever.

I stared at my phone screen hoping to call him and ask him about what was going on but it was too late there and I dint want to disturb him, so I figured I would sleep for now and then call him in the morning and talk about it all.

*****

Next morning.

I made sure to wake up as early as possible, I wanted to stick to the decision I had made last night and for that to work, I had to come face to face with Khushi like very rarely. If it was to make it simple, I had to avoid her, that's what was best for both of us anyway.

I cooked breakfast and left it on the table for her after I finished eating mine, I made sure I left the house before she woke up, and then headed to the office being sure I was going to talk to Shrey about whatever that was happening between him and Aria.

I found a pile of unsorted documents lying on my desk, I hadn't worked much recently and even when I was here I had meeting or I kept on thinking about other things because of which I dint give my work much priority, but today I was determined not to go home until it was all done but before that I had to do the most important thing, call Shrey.

I stared at my phone screen nervously, I dint even know how I was going to talk to him about all this, it was going to be strange and awkward.

I scrolled through the contact's list looking for his number when Khushi's name showed up on the screen, she was calling me! Why was she calling me?