Part 8 - Change of feelings

KHUSHI

It was almost seven o'clock when I arrived home, I was expecting Arnav to be home but he wasn't yet, maybe he had a lot of pending work since he had skipped work yesterday.

I headed to my room to freshen up and all I could think about was him, thinking how easily we judge people and hate them for no reason at all, I had done the same thing, I had judged him and I hated him when I dint even know why he was the way he was.

I had seen a complete opposite side of Arnav, the one I never knew existed, the vulnerable one and trust me it wasn't good.

He had been through a lot and I think if I had been through something of such sort then I would have been like him, I don't blame him for being who he is today.

I stood under the shower as the warm water ran down my body, within a day, my thoughts about him had changed completely, and I dint think I could hate him anymore, he had his reasons for being who he was and the reasons were justified and as long as he wasn't harming anyone, I had nothing to hate him for.

I got out of the shower and wrapped the towel around my body as I walked out of the bathroom just to come face to face with Arnav.

As soon as he saw me, he turned around and looked at the opposite side placing both his hands on his eyes.

"I am so sorry, I dint know you were home yet... I just came to check if you had arrived, I knocked at the door but you dint respond so I came inside to check and you came out..." He said sounding nervous.

"It's okay, I'll be outside in five." I said feeling awkward, it was a weird sort of encounter and even though I had a towel wrapped around, it still felt embarrassing.

He nodded and rushed outside the room in a hurry and I couldn't stop smiling, no wonder how terrible a person I had thought he was, he wasn't really that bad, he respected women because honestly if it could have been someone else, they would have stood here staring at me or something.

I walked out after getting dressed in my pajamas, he was in the kitchen preparing to cook, I walked to the kitchen and stood opposite him, he dint look at me, it looked like he was feeling awkward after he walked into my room and found me in a towel, well I also felt a bit awkward too, but then it had happened and we couldn't change it.

"You know you don't have to cook, I know how to cook and I don't cook that bad food." I smiled hoping he would stop cooking for me, Shrey had asked him to be here so he could make sure i was okay, it dint mean he had to cook for me too, I could do it myself.

"It's not that, I'm used to cooking for myself and I love cooking so for the few days I'm here I would love to cook and maybe you can taste my food and judge it" He smiled back at me.

"Sure, I'll be the MasterChef judge." I giggled.

I jumped up on the counter and sat there, I picked up an apple from the basket and took a bite as I looked at him, he had a lot of stuff arranged on the counter and I couldn't stop wondering what he was making.

"So, what are you making?" I asked.

"Something every Indian girl loves." He smiled, I looked at the ingredients trying to figure out what he was making, I could see some potatoes cut into tiny pieces, he put some chickpeas in a cooker and then placed the cooker on the gas, while the potatoes were being boiled aside, and right now he was making dough out of semolina.

"I need your help." He looked at me.

"Sure, tell me." I jumped down from the counter and stood in front of him.