Part 26 - Hurt

ARNAV

I don't even know what expressions I had on my face as I looked at Khushi, there was obviously shock but there was more, this wasn't how we had planned on telling Shrey, she literally ruined everything, now he might think it just came out like that without us ever wishing to tell him which wasn't the truth.

I dint try to look at Shrey, I was scared of even looking at him, Khushi looked towards me from Shrey and back to him again, I wanted to stand up and run away for a moment but I had to face this.

"I asked a question Khushi!" Shrey said breaking the silence.

Khushi looked at him nervously without saying anything, he turned to look at me and I finally managed to look at him.

"Is it true? What she said. Are you in love with Khushi?" Shrey looked at me, I couldn't even know how he was feeling about this, his face was completely expressionless.

What was I supposed to say? How was I supposed to tell my own best friend that I was in love with his wife? He was going to hate me for it.

"What should I take your silence as Arnav? You do realize that Instead of being angry or rude or even throwing you out of my house, I am seated here looking at you and calmly asking you a question, answer me." Shrey said looking into my eyes.

I hated this confrontation, it would have been better if he just threw me out of his house, this was difficult than I thought it was going to be.

"Khushi do you feel the same towards him?" He turned to look at her, she opened her eyes wider in surprise but remained silent, she dint answer him and I guess both our silence gave him the answer.

"Did you both... you know sleep together?" He asked, he still dint look angry, he looked calm, just like the calm that was there before the storm.

"What no!" Khushi stood up and looked at him angrily like he had just offended her but in real we both had offended him.

He let out a sigh and stood up, he started pacing around the house silently while Khushi and I kept on staring at each other, we dint know what to do or what to say anymore.

"Did this happen when I wasn't around?" He asked.

"Shrey I thought you were cheating on me with Aria." Khushi answered

He suddenly walked towards me and grabbed me by the collar, he looked at me with bloodshot eyes and I could tell he was angry, he was burning with rage.

He pushed me against a wall and almost punched me but then he stopped himself.

"I trusted you! I trusted you with my wife Arnav! You out of all the people should have known how this would make me feel, you had been through it then how could you do the same to me?" Shrey looked into my eyes angrily, and for a moment I was scared.

"I didn't do anything wrong Shrey, maybe I did but I dint cross my limits I promise. I dint touch her, I wouldn't do that to you, please trust me, I tried my best to stay away but I don't know how the feelings came." I tried to explain.

"You should have controlled your damn feelings, I was your freaking best friend!" He punched me angrily on the jaw but I dint complain, maybe I deserved it.

"Shrey!" I heard Khushi shout as she came to my rescue, she pulled Shrey away from me but he wouldn't stop throwing angry glares towards me.

"I thought you loved me, why did we get married if you dint love me?" Shrey looked at Khushi.

She was trying her best to be strong, I could see her, I could feel how she was feeling, I saw tears rolling down her cheeks and I clenched my hand into a fist, I hated seeing her in tears and I hated that I hated seeing her in tears, everything was so complicated.