Part 16 - The Truth

KHUSHI

Everything seemed blurry at first, I was scared I was losing my vision until everything came back to focus, I saw Shrey seated in front of me, he was holding my hand in his tightly and when I opened my eyes, he was smiling like he had just won a lottery.

"Shrey." I whispered as tears rolled down my eyes, I couldn't explain how glad I was that he was back and he was with me.

I looked around the room I was in and then suddenly, I realized I was in a hospital room, and I had so many questions arising in my mind, like how did I even end up here?

"How are you feeling?" He asked worriedly. Why did he look worried? what had happened to me?

"I don't even know, but maybe happy, I missed you so much." I said as I tried to sit, I wanted to hug him tight, for this moment I had forgotten about everything that had happened, about me finding out that he was cheating on me.

All that I remembered at the moment was that he was my husband, and I loved him so much I was happy that he was here with me.

"Hey, be careful." He said as he helped me sit and then hugged me tight, the hug told me that I wasn't the only one that missed him.

"What happened to me Shrey?" I asked as I broke the hug and looked him into the eyes, he looked worried and tensed for me.

"First of all, promise me that you won't panic and you would listen to me silently, and believe me when I say that no matter what, I am here with you, I always will be because I love you so much." Shrey said as he got hold of my hand and pressed it between his tightly.

I don't know why but by what he said, I felt like there was something really terrible, it scared me more and made me wonder, what could it be?

I just nodded positively and waited for him to explain to me whatever the issue was, he stared at me silently for a moment, opening and closing his mouth, finding the right words to tell me about it.

"You are suffering from a brain cancer Khushi, please don't panic, I have everything sorted okay? We'll get treatment done and I promise you'll be fine just like before." Shrey said.

I stared at him in disbelief, for a moment I thought he was going to laugh and tell me he was kidding but he wasn't because he kept on staring at me seriously and honestly I was scared.

No matter what I loved my life like everyone else did, and when I heard the term cancer, it scared the hell out of me, it could scare anyone obviously it was something dangerous and I was already afraid that it was going to kill me, I dint want to die, no one wants to.

I looked at Shrey as tears rolled down my eyes, reality hit me so hard, everything was messed up in my mind, firstly realizing that I had cancer and to make it worse, my husband was sited right in front of me telling me he loved me when a few days back he was cheating on me, why did life have to be so unfair?

"Hey, don't cry, I promise it's going to be okay, trust me Khushi." He said as he cupped my face and looked me into the eyes.

"Trust you? That's what I can't do Shrey, not after you cheating on me." I said as I broke down in tears.

"I haven't cheated on you Khushi, please trust me, I would never think of doing that to you, you also know how much I love you, why would I ever cheat on you my love?" he asked as he looked at me worriedly, like he was really trying to make me believe that he hadn't done anything wrong.

"Then why did you go abroad with that girl? Why did I see her in your room? What explanation do you have to that Shrey? Just stop lying to me, tell me the truth, if you're interested in her you can divorce me, you don't have to be with me out of pity." I said as I looked away from him but he forced me to look at him as he looked back at me in shock.