22.

"Chloe." Someone whispered in my ear "Chloe you gotta wake up."

I groaned rolling over, as I did I flailed my arms out to hit the source of my beauty sleep killer.

When I rolled over I came face to face with those deep brown eyes.

"Aaron?" I asked with a sleep voice "w-what are you doing here?"

"I came to wake you up." He slightly smiled.

I slowly sat up looking over him slowly making sure I wasn't seeing things.

"Where is everyone?" I asked "wait, what time is it?"

"It's 10:43am so they went out for breakfast." He shrugged.

"And they didn't wake me up?" I asked like they just shot me in the head "unbelievable."

"I told them to leave you be." He said sitting next to me.

"Wait!" I said putting my left hand up while scooting over "I thought you hated me."

He laughed before saying "hate? Did you not hear what I said to you that night?"

"Are you mad at me or not?" I asked running out of patients.

"Of course I'm not." He said scooting towards me "I could never be mad at a girl like you."

"Did you mean it?" I asked quietly hoping he'd know what I meant.

"What? Mean what?" He asked confused.

"Did you mean it when you said you loved me?" I slowly asked looking at my suddenly interesting hands.

"Of course I did. I would never lie about something like that." He whispered lifting my face up to look him in his deep creamy brown eyes.

"You can't." I sighed a very frustrated sigh.

"Why not? Why not Chloe?!" He almost yelled.

"Because Aaron! You can't love a girl with scars! You barely know me it's been only about three months!"

"Oh but I can love a girl with scars because I do! And these three months have been enough, you have an amazing personality that could make someone fall in love with you in a week! You have those sparkling eyes, and that beautiful smile!" He yelled.

"You can't love me. Ill only be here till Summers over then I'm going back to my brother. That's only a month away." I said.

"Then lets cherish that last month together! Fill with as much love as possible!" He said grabbing my hands.

"There's just one problem." I whispered pulling my hands away "I don't love you."

He looked up at me and I could see the brim of his eyes filling with tears but they didn't flow.

"Just forget about your feeling for this last month. Please." I begged.

"Why?? You know I can't." He sighed.

"Please. For me." I begged sitting on his lap hugging him as I let a tear slip.

As he slowly shook his head in agreement the front door creaked opened and everyone entered the house.

I quickly jumped off of Aaron's lap and stood up to greet everyone.

"Guys!! Girls!" I screamed running towards them.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARTAH!!" I screamed jumping on him wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Awe. Thanks babe!" He smiled pecking my cheek as I still held on to him to keep my body up.