.1

I love my job. I really do. Kids are one of my favorite things in the whole world. It wasn't just a job that paid me but it was that I wanted child of my own one day. With someone, I love dearly. I sat on the ground and some of the toddlers surrounded me, showing me toys and pictures books. My heart is swelling with adoration. Yet, they are still children and with children, there will be fights and crying. Which is what is beginning to happen now.

"I had it first!" Nina yelled in anger as one of the little boys began to pull on the other side of the book that she's holding. "Give. It. Back." Her face was scrunched in anger, her cheeks turning bright red in frustration.She looked like she might actually explode like a grenade. I quickly got on my feet and grabbed the book by the bind, pulling it away from both of them.

"See what you did!" The little boy, Jae, yelled. Sticking his tongue out in the process and crossing his arms across his chest. His tiny foot-stomping against the ground in a force-full...for his little body...stomp.

"I didn't do anything! You were pulling the book from me!" Nina's eyebrows pushed together as she looked up at me with big doe eyes.  Her lip was quivering, tears about to spill out of her eyes at any second now. I pick her tiny body up onto my hip and tapped her lip with my index finger.

"You keep that lip out any longer and little birdy might come and take it!" Suddenly, her face dropped quickly and her eyes squeezed shut as she hid her face in the crook of my neck. I looked down over at Jae who was still pouting on the ground. "Jae.." He looked up at me with a large frown. He knew what he did was wrong and he also knows he would get punished if he didn't apologize.

"N-nina.." He looked at the ground, as I set her back down in front of him. "I'm..I'm sorry..." He glances up at her through his thick eyelashes and begins to pout. I watched as Nina slowly got closer and poked his lip with her tiny finger.

"A birdy is going to steal it." His face fell before they both began giggling uncontrollably. "Let's go play with the blocks?" Jae's face light up as he grabbed her hand and ran off to the building blocks with her. A small smile came to my face. This is why I love my job.

I began to do some finger painting with some of the little girls. Their conversations were all over the place. One little girl ended up sitting next to me. Every once and a while she would peak up at me and blush before turning away.

"Mr.Kim.." I hummed and looked over at the girls across from me. "You are very handsome." All the girls began to laugh as they continued to paint. Blue's and reds were everywhere. 

"Tae! Can you come here for a second?" I looked over my shoulder towards the office. My c0-worker, Ling, was standing there, motioning me over urgently. Confused, I excused myself from the little ones and made my way over to her.

"What is it?" Her face was full of worry as she motioned over to the front doors, and the waiting room. Confused as to why she was pointing over there, I began to make my way to the waiting room. I wasn't expecting a new kid today. Almost all the moms in our town had already had their kids in the daycare or on the wait-list.

When stepping in a saw a young man sitting in one of the chairs closest to the counter, yet something was off. "Hello sir," I bowed slightly and stuck out my hand as I attempted to greet him. He is too young to be a father..what is he doing here? "Are you-" I was suddenly cut off when the man lunged himself in my direction. His arms draped over my shoulders. Taken back, I tried to pry his oddly small hands off of me.

That was when I realized what the man was wearing. A long-sleeved striped shirt tucked messily into some blue long overalls. A stuffed toy was wedged into his pocket. The head of the hippo just peaking out for myself to see.

"I want to stay here..." I finally got the boy's hands off of me when I looked at him. His cheeks flustered in light pink, as he sniffed a little. " I wanna stay with caretaker.."

A/N:

Please vote, and comment. Your support is appreciated.

Lots of love

-X