thin.

"And you won't eat something?" I asked when he gave me a plate with a slice of pizza.
He shook his head and mouthed "ate already". I scrunched my eyebrows but didn't say anything. I wasn't sure if I believed him.

You couldn't really tell how skinny he was.
He looked average to everyone, even to me. Of course when I saw him at school in those oversized sweaters and loosely jeans, I figured that he was quite skinny.
But now he was standing right in front of me, unmoved and I could obviously see it.

I could see the fine bones under the slightly lilac skin of his hands. His sleeve was a bit slid up and revealed his slender wrist.
Arms thin as twigs, bundled in nothing more than black cloth. He seemed so fragile.
I never really looked at him, how was it possible that I didn't notice how sunk in his cheeks were and how lacking of energy his body was. I mean it didn't make him less attractive, just seeing him like that made me sad. He stood there leaning against the kitchen counter, looking down at his phone.
The gap between his thighs was so wide, the baggy black sweatpants couldn't hide it.

"Dan?" I asked and he looked up.
"Can I ask you something? But please don't be offended."
He nodded slowly.
"Y-you know I'm just worried about you okay, I don't want to assume something, but Dan you're skinny."
I didn't know what to say. Not even a slightest bit.
His expression was undefined, he glanced down.
"Are you okay?"
He formed a "yes" with his lips and smiled slightly. I just wanted to pull him into a hug.
When I've called him, which was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done, he'd said that he wasn't okay. I didn't know why, I just knew that something was wrong and that was reason enough to be there for him.

>•<

I followed him upstairs to his room. I couldn't really see anything, the only source of light was the hallway. Dan quickly opened the shutters and the yellowish sunlight floated the room. It was quite simple and modern furnished, like the whole house.
In the left corner was the bed with a black and grey sheet. There was a white wardrobe, a desk, a flatscreen tv and a sofa. Two walls were painted grey and the other ones were just white. It was just the opposite of my room. Mine had no theme going on. The only colors which occurred more often than once were blue and green, but it didn't look as satisfying as Dans room.

"Your room looks amazing."
He shrugged unimpressed and sat down on the sofa. He crossed his thin legs and opened the blue notebook.

When I saw him throwing his one away I knew that he didn't do it because it was full. There were plenty of blank pages left.
I figured that he didn't want to talk to me or maybe at all. And first I was hurt but then I thought that he may felt even worse.
Who would just throw their only possibility to speak away?
I just risked getting hated even more by him and bought that light blue notebook. I wrote "restart" on the first page and "Hi, my name is  Dan" on the second. I thought it would be a good idea to try again and thankfully it worked.

'Mario Kart?'

"Sure" I said even though I sucked at playing that. I always got off the rail or found myself driving in the wrong direction after a while.

He passed me a controller and before he started the game, he held the book up a second time.

'You have no chance'