i've got you.

I walked towards the school building, feeling hungover and cold. Every muscle in my entire body still hurt and even waking was almost impossible. I probably never had drunken as much as I did yesterday and I couldn't even remember the exact reason.

My parents fought, I heard thousands of glasses getting shattered and there was a bottle of vodka, or two. Everything was in a blur and this morning I found myself laying on the bathroom floor, absolutely defeated and sick.
I still felt drunk and usually I would've stayed home, but my dad didn't leave for work this morning and I really didn't want to be around him.

So I was two hours too late and came right during lunchtime. I assumed that Phil was either in the library or near those yellow benches I had seen him hanging around in the past. I wasn't sure if I wanted to see him, I looked and felt absolutely horrible and we hadn't talked since saturday. So I just slowly walked over to him, slightly swaying, after I had spotted him, Pj and Chris leaning against two trees.
"Oh hey Dan!",Chris yelled and waved. I smiled a little and immediately caught the attention of the other two. "Why are you so late?",Phil asked, standing up and walking over to me.
I didn't know how to gesture overslept, so I just shrugged.
"You're paler than usual and - are you drunk?",his voice was filled with confusion and concern. I shook my head, worsening my headache.
"But you're at least absolutely hungover",he grabbed my wrist and pulled me a little further away from the others. "Did your parents fight yesterday?"
I stood silent, but he knew that his assumption was right.
"Oh Dan you should've texted me, you're better off at mine than drunk and sad at yours."
I stared at my feet. I couldn't depend on him that much. I couldn't text him every time something happened. He deserved more than being just a rescuer for a lost and lonely boy.

I felt two arms around my body, embracing me gently. My heart sunk and I suddenly had the urge to burst into tears. I wrapped my arms around him as well and felt his grip tighten. "I've got you." I breathed in slowly and then let go of him.
He looked at me with a little, reassuring smile. "You know whatever happened on saturday, nothing changed. I'm here for you."
I wanted to kiss him so desperately.
I wanted to kiss him so badly.
My eyes wandered from his lips back to his beautiful blue eyes, but I nodded instead. "Thank you",I mouthed, stepping back a little. I wished he'd need me as much as I needed him.
"So, I guess you need an aspirin?",he asked with a little smirk.
I nodded heavily, making me feel more dizzy again.

We walked back to Pj and Chris, who gave each other meaningful looks and I just rolled my eyes. "Chris you've got an aspirin right?",Phil asked. "Yeah sure, do you have a headache?"
"No but Dan has." I smiled sheepishly and sat down onto the wet grass.
Chris passed me one of the white pills and Phil gave me his water bottle.
"Thanks."
I swallowed it quickly, just wishing it to work immediately.
"We'll go to class now, what do you have next Dan?",Pj asked as I handed Phil the bottle. "Maths", I mouthed.
"Got it! Maths right?" I nodded. "Alright see you two later then",he said winking at me weirdly and I just shook my head.

"What was that about?",Phil laughed.
I shrugged and crossed my arms in front of my chest. I felt like it was winter, even though it was late august. "Are you that cold?" I nodded almost unnoticeable. "Did you eat something today?"
"Yeah."
He smiled worriedly and grabbed his backpack, pulling out some grapes. "Could you eat some?"
A shiver ran down my spine, even though I felt my body heat up a little. I couldn't eat those now, I would literally throw away everything I worked for.
Phil kept staring at me, but now slowly realizing that I wasn't going to eat.
"Not hungry",was my silent answer.
"What did you have today?",he asked.
I grabbed my notebook and the black pen sticking to its side.

'cereal and a toast'

He sighed and packed away the grapes. "Is the aspirin working?"
I nodded, it actually did. My head felt less heavy and the pain was quite bearable.
"We should go as well, did you do the homework for today?",he asked standing up and holding out a hand for me.
"Which?",I mouthed, grabbing his hand and standing up as well, feeling a rush of dizziness overcoming me but instead of passing out, I just swayed. Phil quickly grabbed me by my shoulders and gently pushed me back down. "Ok I think you should consider going back home, I mean the teachers haven't seen you yet."
He still didn't let go of me and I felt my heart racing, unsure about its cause.
"You're so pale",he mumbled.
I pushed myself up again, swaying, but ignoring it.
"I think you shouldn't try it out, you look like passing out every moment",his hands were clutched around my upper arms.
"I'm fine",I said, obviously lying.
He sighed once again, pushing a single curl out of my eyes. "You'll tell me immediately whenever you're feeling worse!",he said almost threatening. I nodded, not actually agreeing.
"I don't want you to walk."
I unwrapped his fingers from my arm and walked past him, concentrating on walking straight.
"Ok wait, we can go to mine, I'll go with you, my mums at work",he said.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed my notebook.

'You can't miss school because of nothing'

"You're not nothing and I won't put you in any danger, ever."