Chapter Thirty Four

"Carmen I really don't want to go," I groan and complained for what seem to be like the 48th time tonight. "What if he happens to show up some how?"

"Then I'll kick his ass," Carmen hisses as she zips up her boots.

It was Saturday night and we were currently in Carmen's bedroom getting ready to head out in a bit, her and Angela had somehow managed to drag me into their shenanigans.

We ended up having lunch with Angela like she suggested yesterday, and I actually enjoyed it, enjoyed myself. I even ate a full meal. Angela never once brought up Isaac, and neither did Carmen, I mean aside from all the ruthless things she was gonna do to him if she saw him, but I was actually enjoying myself with the girls, i really was, it's exactly what I needed.

Carmen and I stayed up pretty late last night binge watching stranger things on Netflix, having a total girls night, painting each other nails, eating ice cream, Carmen even caught me up on her new life in the city.

My dad definitely indeed got off the car to talk to Carmen's mom. He basically gave her the whole run down that he was uncomfortable with me being so far away and handed her my medication because he didn't want me to be in charge of it while I was alone out here. Mrs. Rodriguez wasn't knew to my anxiety problem though, she was well aware of it from the day it started, she assured my father that I was in good hands and he left content, a little.

We were in the middle of our lunch when Carmen got her wonderful little text, we had went out to eat at a little bakery that Angela absolutely loved. We insisted on splitting the bill, so each of us paying can pay for our own plate, but Angela wasn't having it and paid the whole thing herself.

We were patiently waiting at the table for our waiter to return with Angela's credit card when I noticed Carmen anxiously sitting in her seat, "what, Car? Spit it out, you're nearly falling off your chair."

"I have an idea," she says cautiously, looking back and fourth from Angela and I. She glances at her phone really quick then looks back at me, "there's a party tonight," she says and I immediately cut her off.

"No," I shake my head rapidly. "No parties."

"Uhhhh," Angela hums to the right of me. "A party is not such a bad idea, Hailey."

"What?!" I exclaim. "Are you out of your mind? I don't want to go to a party! Guys," I sigh. "I literally just want to stay in and relax, please."

"Hail, what better way then to whine down and let loose?!" Carmen chimes in.

"He won't be around if that's what you're worried about," Angela mutters. I glance over at her, it was one of the reason why I didn't want to go.. "they.. um, h-his dad doesn't.. um," she continues to stammer. "He doesn't, they don't come out here."

"This is not his territory, right?" Carmen spits out what Angela was struggling so hard to say.

She sighs deeply nodding her head yes, "you don't understand how hard this is," she chuckles.

"That's what he said," Carmen smirks and I quickly scowl her.

"Carmen!"

"I had to, sorry!"

"He won't be there, Hailey, no one will, I promise. You'll be able to enjoy yourself comfortably, I know I will. Wait, I'm invited right?" She turns to Carmen, she laughs softly and nods her head yes. "Okay good just making sure," she chuckles.

"I don't know, Ang."

"Come on, Hail, you deserve to have a little fun."

Angela quickly agrees with Carmen nodding her head, "even if it's just for a few minutes. We'll totally leave if you're not comfortable," she smiles.