Chapter Thirty Five

What's this? A double update in one weekend?! Haha You're welcome my babies, kinda short, but I hope you enjoy!

-K💕

Isaac's POV

I groaned deeply as I tried to come out of my sleep for what seemed to be the like the third time today. I had no fucking energy left in me, all I wanted to do was fucking sleep. My body was aching like crazy and I was trying to sleep it off, but I knew that wasn't gonna do shit. I could still slightly feel the buzz from last night in my system, although I don't actually remember getting high. I needed to stop, i was starting to slip away, It was starting to get bad, taking longer for me to sober up, longer for me to feel anything, meaning I had to intake more than usual.

What the fuck are you doing to yourself?

I groaned deeply for a second time as I rolled onto my back, throwing my arm over my eyes, shielding any little light that was in the room, laying in the same bed I had been sleeping in for who knows how many days now. It wasn't as nearly as comfortable as mine, but it did the job. I could make out soft music playing lowly in the background, no doubt putting me back to sleep.

The music gets a slight bit louder and I hear what seems to be a door opening, and soft footsteps slowly making their way over. I feel the bed dip around me, and then feel her weight on top of me. Her legs were cold, fresh against my skin, like if she had just gotten out of the shower. She laughs softly and I know that she knows I'm awake.

She pulls my arm away from my face, but I don't have the desire to open my eyes. I feel her lean down a bit as her soft lips connect with mine, "wake up sleepy head," she chuckles softly. Her voice isn't as nearly as soothing as hers. And for a second I was hoping, wishing in fact, that it was her here with me right now, but that ship sailed the second I decided to fuck up.

I groan for a third time stretching my body out, pushing her to the back of my head like I have been for the past few days. I couldn't afford to think about her right now. I was tired of replaying the same shit over and over in my head, tired of seeing the hurt look on her face after all the meaningless shit I said. I shouldn't have blown up the way that I did, I should've been a man and ended it the right way, not that there was one. I've even tried convincing myself that maybe this was for the best, she'd be safer this way, happier. I should've never dragged her into a life that was so cruel. I actually thought that if I pushed her away, if I made her hate me, it would make all this easier.

But truth be told, I was a fucking wreck here. I could not function without her, she was the one gentle thing in my life that kept me at bay. She made everything soft, she made me soft. I wasn't the same person I use to be when we first met, but I didn't mind it because as long as she was happy, I was happy. I had worked so hard to build her trust, to pull her out of that pit she had threw herself in, to just shove her back in and turn my back on her. This was probably the shittiest thing I had ever done in my entire life, hands down, and the fücking guilt was starting to eat me up alive.

"What time is it?" I croaked.

"Time for you to wake up," she mutters jokingly.

I snort softly finally lifting my lids and I'm soon being greeted by the biggest mistake I could've ever made in my life. Breaking up with Hailey was one of the hardest, stupidest, things I'd ever done, but this, this was right down horrible. Just like I knew she would be, there she was, Layla Santiago, sitting on top of me, straddling me, with one of the biggest smiles I'd ever seen on her.

"Hi," she murmurs, her damped hair draped over her shoulders, meaning she had just shower not too long ago. I give her a simple faint smile and exhale deeply.