Chapter 2

Fallacy has been talking to me a lot the past few days except he has been silent most of today. I am currently walking under the full moon before standing in the field of sleeping flowers. I sit on the hill and take a deep breath. The wind is gusting through the trees nearby, as well as gently shifting my loose clothes. Most of the vampire kingdoms have their buildings within the tall strong trees. Most rogues in abandoned villages. I take another deep breath thinking back as I stand soaking in the moon light. I see the torture and feel the numb pains of it. I feel the love and hear the laughter of children, as I remember all that has happened to me. I smile remembering a timeline where we had never even met once due to Eterna killing me out of anger. I let out a shaking breath. I remember this timeline set with a warm heart. For this is where I always feel so much better and am capable of relaxing and breathing. "Mortals should not be out this late." I hear suddenly. I turn and the person moves back in fear. "I know they should not be. So why are you?" I ask gently. "I was just trying to be funny and scare a kid." They say fearfully. I nod and turn my night vision off. "No need to be afraid. I ate two hours ago. Not that I would harm you anyways. I prefer blackberries and deer over blood." I say gently. They fall backwards calming down. "Who are you?" They ask. "I am Encre. I used to be the Royal painter... But as you can tell. I left." I answer. "You look so much older in your photos." He says with a grim smile. I sit down under the moon light. "That happens when you are not allowed to smile and are under strict cirvaliance all day long." I say with a gentle smile. "Excuse me... But I honestly have no idea where we are." He says. "In a field of soon to be soaked flowers... In just two centuries." I say gently but my smile turns grim. "How do you know?" He asks me. I smile and say "Because humans like to fight. Vampire, rogue and mortal alike. Most wars are fought by humans, but just like in every species there are the ones who stand up against the violence. Except some of us cannot turn against it unless we run." I am searching their face. Their eyes are wide. He looks to behind me and I grab them and have the silver stake. I throw it far away from me and the other kid. The kid is panting having had held their breath. I have the intruder by their throat. They are someone I don't recognize. "Monsiour Encre... Are you alright? Why'd you throw it?" They say confused. "Brother... You could have killed him..." The kid I was talking to says. I let them go and move away. I hear running and smell blood. I then focus. "Rogues... Please tell me... You both do not have any injuries and can run." I say backing up. They look confused till they see the eyes. I grab them and start running. I have them both in my arms as I out run and then hide from them all. I am covering their mouths as I stop running. We are hiding within a tree. The rogues run past us mere moments later. The kids look terrified. I let them go and I sink back relaxed. "That was too close..." I mutter. "What was?" I hear a bat squeak. I turn and sweat drop. "You know better than to be out while injured. It is running night." My guardian says after transforming. "Sorry... I just like that spot very much so." I say blushing. He nods and says "Come and both of you mortals as well. Can't leave you kids out during running night. You'll all drop dead." My guardian laughs. I transform into a bat and fly over to him. He catches me and places me in a pocket.

Time skip...

Next day...

I take a deep breath as everything is hurting. I am outside getting some air while leaning against a tree as I am sitting beside it. I hear footsteps and go to hide but my injures are too much. I look to see Fallacy there. He smiles seeing me. "Encre..." He says coming over to me and kneels down. He places a hand to my chest and everything eases. My soul and everything just feels lighter. "There... You had silver flowing through you. That must feel so much better now." He says. I nod slowly leaning my head on him. I feel the rumble of his chest as he chuckles. "We will be going now. I have the perfect place for us to hide away. I hope you'll enjoy it very much so." Fallacy says. I nod and grab onto him.

We arrive three days later, there is a flower field and tree cover. There is a large cabin here in the trees. "It will need some cleaning up, but we will live here. I already have another to be king, I have been pronounced dead in the kingdom." Fallacy says. I smile before kissing him without thinking. He blushes bright yellow and says "You have always been so straight forward." He kisses me passionately in the flower field as the wind blows past us.

A Decade and a Half later...

I am dancing and spinning with Fallacy we are wearing peasant clothes and have been for awhile. Suddenly I feel someone 10 yards away. I start to slow and Fallacy must too because he does it at the same time. We stop and we take off for the tree line. Soon vampires are running and so are rogues. Huge amounts yelling and cries for help are heard. I nod at Fallacy and he kisses me gently. I run out into the field and direct them towards the forest. They are carrying lugage and children and people are injured. "Someone please!!! My child!!!" I hear. I put my hand in the air and shout "The Injured to me!!! As well as people carrying injured!!!" "Are there any doctors amoung you? I will need assistance!!!" I shout. A few others come over help as I deal with the injured and dying. Fallacy is barely recognizable as he is wearing bandages covering half of his face, due to him tripping a week ago.

Hours later...

Several people dusted and families devastated. Multiple rogue and vampire villages gone. Fallacy comes over to me and grabs my hand. I am shocked at how fast this all happened. The war is already starting to happen. "I'm not ready for this..." I mutter before placing my head against his chest.