Chapter 22

I have not moved from the window sill in months. I refused to lift the latch, now no one has bothered. I stand and look out at the now ice covered creek surrounded by snow. The snow hares are dancing in the gentle snow. I hear the latch opening suddenly. I remain still. I am just standing there staring. My arms heavily scarred. Dried pools of bone marrow on the floor. There is a stifled noise. I turn as the tears had started up again. I had changed from my teenager form since Fallacy left. "Encre. Please come here." I hear. I turn to see my grandfather there. He comes over and he picks me up. "Relinquish your bond." He orders me. "I relinquish my side of my bond." I say gently. My grandfather is holding me gently. "Let us go home now." I hear. I nod.

Time skip...

He had me change back to normal as he carries me. I look lifeless just emptiness in my eyes, small white dots. There are people up ahead and they look horrified. I am looking up mostly though. "ENCRE!!!" I hear a woman shout. My grandfather stops and I turn to see Twilight there. My grandfather holds me up while I wrap my arms around her. She sobs into my chest. She reaches up and forces my fangs to extend. She lowers my head so my fangs go into her neck. Blood shoots into my system and I pull away as my wounds are healing. She starts to sob into my chest. "Twilight has been waiting for you to return this whole time Encre." My grandfather says. I reach up to Twilight's face and stroke her cheek. Emotions return to my eyes. I kiss her passionately and I feel it all. She kisses me back. We hold each other for the longest time.

Years later...

"Encre, where are you off to?" I hear. "Just out to go get more firewood, we are running out." I say gently. Twilight smiles holding our baby. "Make sure to kiss Adaline." Twilight says smiling. I kiss our baby girl on the head. "I will be back soon." I say gently. I then leave out the door with my axe and bundle bag.

I head out into the forest and collect as much wood as possible before I start heading back. I suddenly start to smell smoke. I see smoke coming from the village and I start running for it dropping the wood and my axe. I am running as fast as possible. I trip but keep moving forwards. Most of the village is on fire. I then see him. I hear laughter as I watch as my grandfather is slain. "No!!!!" I scream as I get grabbed and dragged by three people. "Oh, it is you again." I hear. I see the man that forced me to chose between my parents and my little brother. "Encre!!!" I hear and see Twilight and Adaline. I try to get to them but I get punched across the face. "So I guess you get to chose again. Your child or your mate." He says. "You bastard!!!" I shout angrily. "Oh, this one is timed this time!" He says. "Encre!!! Choose Twilight you can have another kid!!!" G shouts. I look at him in the eyes and he starts shouting "Oh, you better not chose that option!!!" "I chose to give my own life instead." I state calmly. "Interesting. A soulless offering his life." I hear then there is laughter. The man waves his hand and I get pushed forwards. "I want people's lives not slaves." He says coldly while laughing. I grimace and then all the ink on my bones snakes up to the back of my neck. "There is a way to kill me." I pant. He is looking at me as I ignore the shouting and yelling. "Encre no!!! Please!!! Adaline needs a father!!!" Twilight shouts. I look towards G. "I transfer my bond's role to my best friend. You better take good care of them G." I state. G nods to me knowing my mind cannot be changed. Twilight is sobbing hard as G accepts. "Alright this is definitely interesting." The man says. "Just promise to leave them alone." I say angrily. G, Twilight and Adaline are let go of and G rushes over to them and starts rushing out of the village with Twilight screaming and Adaline crying. I stand and say "Pass me a stake." I am passed a stake. 'I love you both.' I think as I look the man in the eyes as my hands are burning as I set the end of the stake to my seal. I drive the stake through the seal and I drive it deeper my soul appears and it then dusts. I drop to my knees and then I start to slowly dust. It is agonising. "I think this is the most painful way I have seen someone die. I am very satisfied by this." I hear. "What are you seeing, as you pass on?" He asks kneeling down and placing a hand to my forehead. He sees all the love I received and then the torture and the pain I put myself through. My vision is going dark as I open my eyes and they look shocked. "You truly have had a painful life." Suddenly my dusting reverses and he pulls the stake from my hand. Adaline and Twilight are where they were prior as well as G. Everyone is looking at him confused. "What..." I mutter confused. "Encre, I will be leaving your universe now. Good-bye now." He says then the village is no longer on fire. Suddenly I see my soul in front of me and Twilight rushes over to me with Adaline. I am holding them tightly. "What happened?" She asks. "I do not know. I just do not." I say holding her. G comes over and hugs us as well.