Chapter 13

I am on my way to where I last saw Fallacy due to the pulls I have been feeling. I follow my instincts running towards what I am feeling. Suddenly I come across a familiar area. I had never been this deep into the woods in this direction before. I take a deep breath looking up. The wind is blowing gently through the trees. I then sense multiple people around me. I see rusty swords and armour of old as well as broken traps. "What are you doing all the way out here hunter?" I hear suddenly. I calmly turn around to see no one. I then see two ghostly children figures and then hear "Encre come play with us." I see a little girl in a green dress. Then a younger boy. I follow them. "Hunter?" I hear gently. "Encre!" I hear the little girl shout with a laugh. "Emerald! Wait up!" I hear a little boy voice shout. Soon brush and stuff get in my way. I take a few steps back before leaping.  "Let us hide it here! So you can always remember me if the vampire hunters ever take you away." The girl shouts. I watch as they are digging and covering something up in the brush. The two are covered in dirt but they are smiling happily. They suddenly disappear. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I look to see a ghost. It is the girl I had killed when I was a teenager. "Encre, have you finally remembered me?" They ask. "Your name... It is Emerald... Right?" I ask seeing different memories of us. She smiles and nods. "Emerald, I still do not have much of my memory from my time with you. I have been trying to find out for the past few years." I say sadly. "You are scared." She says. I feel multiple presences around me. "You are afraid of everything that the people who raised you told you, to be true." Emerald says. "Encre, dig it up. I have been protecting here since I died. In hopes you would eventually come back." She says smiling. I turn and look at it to see the branches growing and then becoming an arch. I am shocked. "Emerald will you disappear if I dig it up?" I ask looking at her. She just smiles. "Emerald, may I ask what your favourite memory of us was or is?" I ask her. "When you showed me around Lord Fallacy's castle. You tripped off the last step and scrapped your knee but you smiled and we drew pictures all that day!" She says happily. I smile hearing that and turn to the box just hidden beneath the dirt. "Encre, I do not hate you for what happened. They threatened you, and they were really mean. They even tricked you and made you hate us." She says gently. A frown is upon my face. She comes up to me and hugs me. "You are still my best friend! And forever will be! I will always be in your heart!" She says and tears start to run down my face. I go down onto a knee and hug her back. "Thank you Emerald." I say gently. "Now go!!! Go get it!!!" She laughs. I nod smiling at her. I stand and go through the arch and start to dig. "Encre!!! You can do it!!!" She says happily.

Moments later...

Emerald comes up from behind me as we sit amongst the bramble. I open the box and we are both looking through it. There is drawing stuff in the box and a small book. I open it to see pictures of Emerald and many others. I smile as little memories come back to me. "Have you remembered yet?" I hear a deeper voice ask. I see the rogue leader through the arch. Suddenly the brambles cut him off. "No! This is for best friends only!" I hear Emerald say. "A phantom, and one as young as you." I hear. "I forgave my killer, I am just waiting for him to remember." I hear. I stand and Emerald moves the brambles. "Emerald I will remember everything again. I swear to you." I say gently. She smiles nodding. "Lord Fallacy!" She says suddenly before disappearing. I get pulled suddenly. "Runt behind me." I hear. I have the box close to me. I quickly slip it into my pack.  I then see multiple lords there. I see flashing memories suddenly. Tons of smiling faces and laughter. "Encre, you have to remember everything this time. We have to end the timeline this round, or we might never have a chance of crossing over." I hear suddenly. "Timeline?" I mutter before tons of flashing goes through my head.

Time skip...

I wake up from darkness my head is spinning as I see a room. I sit up seeing stone and a shelf across the room. I start seeing things like a younger and older version of myself walking around the room. I slowly bring myself up and off the bed. I see that I am shirtless with bandages around a few of my ribs. I then look up to see the big window from my dreams. I stand slowly and go towards it. I place my hand against the sill and run my hand along it. Suddenly a familiar scent is there. The door opens suddenly but I remain looking out at the world. A familiar looking world, but completely different at the same time.

"Encre, how have you been?" I hear suddenly. I turn slowly to see Fallacy. I turn back to the window. "I honestly do not know." I answer gently. "Encre, I know you left on bad terms between us. But let us try to fix this." He says closing the door behind him. "Your highness... I do not know what is going on." I state. He remains silent. I do not speak any further, making the tension in the room thick and time tick like molasses. I feel a hand on my shoulder and I feel weird suddenly. "You still do not remember do you?" He asks. I feel my soul sink and it becomes dull. "Yes and No. I remember certain things, but it is all a mess. I have no idea who I am anymore." I say almost shakily. Arms go around me and I feel comforted, but completely off at the same time. "Please do not." I mutter. He slowly lets go of me. "It is because of your memories." He says. I look down at the window sill confused. "What about them?" I ask softly.