Chapter 20

Encre's P.O.V...

I am taking a walk through the forest when I hear a gasp. I keep going till I hit my usual clearing. I just sit there looking up at the blue sky. "Encre... You do not look so well." I hear. "You left the secret room?" I ask. "I came out to find shiny things. You have not brought me any for a long time. I miss you bringing me shiny things." He says. I nod. "Forgive me Leocade." I state gently. "I am surprised you are even still here. When you were brought back to life by Toriel. I did not think she would give you this many lives." Leocade says. I nod. "When the previous Error killed me, I thought it was it. I am thankful to Toriel, but I am also angry at how the universe has shifted so badly." I say. "You need to end your time here. To save this universe from falling." He says. "I know... But it is hard knowing that I will just go through such loneliness." I say gently holding my legs to my chest.

"I can feel your agony, your soul is crying. I can hear it from the castle. You miss the garden, you miss the love he once showed you, but you know the universe will collapse if you continue to do nothing. You have to go back to him and you know it." He says. "Listen you Nymph... I hate him... Just like those few timelines. I cannot be near him... It hurts knowing he does not care. Like he has forgotten what I have been through all these god forsaken life times!" I say angrily now standing in front of his looming body. Other forest creatures are looking at us. I turn away and he pulls me close. "You still care and you have your responsibility to withhold. You no longer have the time you once had. You now just have to get it done. You will never get the happiness you deserve, he does not care to give it. You forget who he is, you might see him that way, but he is a cruel man, who wants everything his way. His set perfection." Leocade says.

Tears are now pouring from my eyes as I weep knowing what he is saying is true. "I still love him, when I shouldn't." I sob slightly. "Encre, take this timeline as a break. You need it." Leocade says letting go of me. He uses his tail and wipes away my tears. "But Encre... Next time you remember, bring me something shiny." He says before walking away. I slide down a tree and my head is now on my knees. I am angry but I know what I have to do. I stand and wipe my tears taking a deep breath. I take my soul from my body and stare at it.

I turn towards the tree and do my prayer. The ink on my bones get thicker as my magic covers my arm. I then think of the most painful timelines I play them on repeat in my mind. Tears start to form again and I become angry. I then open my eyes and punch my soul crushing it against the tree. My soul bursts and I drop to my knees. The magic incasing my arm is gone and my soul turns to dust. I feel no more pain as I stand opening my eyes. "So you chose that path... This one is dangerous." I hear Leocade say. "But it is the only one with the highest chance. This way I cannot just give up if he does it again." I state. "You have prepared yourself for the worst." I hear him say. "You definitely have an audience." I hear. I freeze hearing that.

I turn and see Fallacy standing there with multiple guards. He looks so shocked. Fallacy walks towards me and I fall to my knees. My chest hurts already as I close my eyes. Twilight is further back watching me. 'Please do not.' She pleas to me. Fallacy kneels in front of me and he places a hand on my cheek. A tear leaks from my eye causing him to frown. I then lean up and kiss him. I pull away and bow my head to him. I feel tears land on my head and arms go around me. I place my head to his chest as tears leak from my eyes.