Chapter 4

I awake on something soft, I am warm and I feel safe. I open my eyes and prop myself up as I sit up. I look around to see I am in the castle. But one from a very, very faded set of memories. I lay back down relaxing. Suddenly there is a knock on the door and my eyes shoot back open and I jump to the ceiling. The door opens and people are looking around confused. I am holding onto a rafter in complete fear. I suddenly see them all look up at me. I drop down and back away from them all. Flashes of the torture camps flashing in my eyes. They all back away as I am sliding down the wall. My scared hands and arms raised in front of me. "Your highness... You cannot enter." I hear. I coware further into the wall my spin shrinking in response. I feel silver near me and I let out a yelp. I am trembling hard. I hear multiple clanks then I feel a gentle hand hold mine. I feel the tears I had been shedding become heavier as I close in, my eyes wielded shut. "Encre, come here. Just look at me." I look and flashes go through my mind. My soul is burning as I am trembling, my eyes getting smaller showing just how terrified I am. The camps showing over and over again. I am grabbing my head trying to think of anything else. I feel arms go around me. I feel my soul and my body burning. I scream in agony before feeling relief and curling into a ball.

Time skip...

I have not left that corner. I stay there rocking back in forth. Everything is painful for me. I am in extreme agony. Most of my body now heavily burned. I am starving now. My one eye white, the other green. I hear a knock then the door opens. I stop rocking and force myself further into the corner. I hear footsteps then start to feel silver. I start to tremble harder trying to keep away. "Why are you acting like this?" I hear. I freeze and turn my head slowly. I see a hand and flinch. I open my eyes again slowly lifting my hand to it. I touch it and my hand smokes. "Silver bad... silver bad..." I mutter pulling my hand away clutching my burning hand to my chest. Suddenly the person stands and moves the door closing after hearing "That is not my daughter." I pull my soul out to see multiple parts floating in a magic bubble. "That is them. Do you know nothing about Rouges and vampires my lord?" I hear. They stop and sigh. "She was bitten. A rogue bit her. She is starving and you have injured her multiple times. Her soul... Look at it sir. Her memories are not all there. It happens when a soul starts to shatter and dust. It is a prosses of 'a monster falling.' But she might turn into a soulless. Or even possibly she went through isolation resently." I hear.

"Falling..." I whisper. "Falling..." I whisper again. "Can you not hear them falling..." I hear suddenly. "They are crying tears of red." I mutter softly. "Dust and gold soaked in red." I hear. "With every pull of a thread- *a loud crash*" "The bee and flower" I mutter seeing flashes of Lord Dream. "Never travel amongst the powder." I say. "They are falling and no one can save them" I add. "The flower becomes but only a stem." I hear inside my head. Tears of colour start to leak from my eyes hearing the poem and then the laughter of Dream and I. I feel a hand on my head then there is a presence there. "Bite." I hear. My fangs extend and I bite down gently without looking. Blood fills my mouth and I let go right away. The taste and smell too much. I have to contain my self so I do not rip and tear what or who I am biting into. I take only till there is nothing else to drink. I lick my teeth and hands having been without food or blood for so long.

I feel my soul being held gently. I open my eyes to see the extremely dull colours. I cover my fingers in magic and touch my soul, the cracks filling in. "Encre." I hear a soft whisper. I look up to see the mortal king. "I remember every single life. Do you remember me?" He asks. My eyes widen and become joyful. "Every last one." I say gently. He smiles. He pulls me close. "Your highness why do you have such a connection with a rogue of all creatures?" I hear suddenly. I get defensive. "I have been getting your notes. All those years. If you were to fall and become a soulless. I would be heartbroken if you got any worst then being just in isolation." He says gently. "You got every single one?" I ask. He nods. "I will pull back from the war if you stay here." He says. "My mate... The red moon will be here soon." I say. He looks at me and frowns. "If I am not with him. We shall both kill hundreds off." I say worriedly. "No worries, my daughter. I have a plan." He says. I nod tiredly before falling against him passing out.

Morning...

I awake to birds chirping and the smell of morning dew. I open my eyes to see I am in a peasant dress in the middle of a field surrounded by trees. I sit up and look around scared. I smell blood and gun powder. I stand and take off running. I soon hear people flying and there is screaming. I see the place I was before being captured burnt. I fall to my knees seeing it all. Tears do not form as I look at the burnt buildings and the piles of dust. I hear crying and someone trying to hush the other. I stand and take off running for it. I find the two children and they look just as scared as me. "Wait... You were the one who healed the adults and helped that woman give birth." The little boy says as I finish moving burnt boards off them. I nod and then ask "What happened here?"

"We don't know after you disappeared over a month ago many of the men left even the one you were with when we first arrived. Many people fled, but we refused to go with our parents outside the barrier. Then a few weeks later us children heard a poem being said by two of the lords, but one was almost invisible and looked crazy. They were in a corner rocking back in forth somewhere." The little girl says. "Were they wearing gold?" I ask. They both nod. "That was Lord Dream. We have to find the lords and the person I was with." I say picking them both up in my arms. "Children. Why is the ghost talking to you?" I hear. "Ghost?" I hear. Suddenly I turn to see many people there. "They are looking for people. They see everything the way we see it. They can see that this place is burnt and destroyed." The girl says.

I see Lord Dream and he comes over. "You... You saved me." I say gently. He nods. "I will never get used to seeing you in dresses." He says gently. "Where's Fallacy?" I ask. "He went hunting, and what deal did you make with them?" He asks. "He said if I were to remain at the castle the war would stop in time for the red moon." I answer turning my head away. He frowns. "Fallacy can enter the kingdom only during that time. I will never see any of you again. Or else if I leave he will start the war again." I add softly. He takes my hand and places it to his forehead. I bring it to mine. "What will you do?" He asks. My eyes become cold as I say "Out live him, then I will leave." "How long will that be?" He asks. "Do you really think he would let Fallacy into the castle? They will not and I shall be with the king when the blood moon rises." I say gently. "Make sure Fallacy does not come near the mortal village. He needs to be kept somewhere else. The old castle." I say gently. "Be safe Encre." I hear. A flash of white happens suddenly.

I shoot awake in a cold sweat. Someone is in the room with me. I look around to see no one there. I sit up slowly and look up. There are a pair of red eyes there but I just stand and go over to the window to see the place I grow up in some timelines. I hear whispering outside my room so I listen in on it. "Your highness why do you keep that thing here?" I hear. "They will be a bargaining chip. Plus I like them. Plus that thing has a name." I hear. I keep my focus on the talking. "What you said about letter last week. They are between you and that thing. Why?" I hear. "That is none of your business." I hear then a rattle of keys. I open my eyes hearing the door being unlocked. "You are awake Encre." I hear. I turn my body my hands in front of me. I smile gently and say "Yes, I am your higness." He smiles back at me. "I was expecting to see it like last time." I hear a grumble. "War is a fearful time for my people. We do not have such advanced weapons since we are people of old. We usually live nomadic lives. That is Rogues. Vampires have a place and are more advanced then us, but are as well people of old." I say gently. My eyes a gentle greenish yellow. The mortal king comes up to me and reaches a hand to me. I place my hand in his. We start walking. "Encre, so you have accepted the deal?" I hear. I nod. "Then please meet my son Asgore." He says. I smile gently at that.