XV • King Regis

"Monarch"

Warning: None, Some made up names.

[ Requested ]

×××

Being of royal blood, it was inevitable that you were to marry. You had actually been engaged since you were old enough to read, but you only met your fiancé when you were a while older, old enough to understand that one day, you would be marrying him.

When you did meet your fiancé, you came face to face with a dashing man with gray locks and green eyes- a face you knew as the future king, Regis Lucis Caelum.

Back then you would play together, along with Ardyn, he seemed to understand the situation better and stayed out your ways to not cause any unnecessary feelings. However it never really registered for you both. You saw each other as nothing more than close friends, and over time you forgot that you were to marry when of age. It only seemed to register when you saw each other at the actual wedding at opposite ends of the room, with you in a dress and everyone looking, and Ardyn tried not to laugh as both you and Regis said in sync, "Oh god we're getting married."

Being so nervous and realising the responsibility being set upon you both, you ended up just agreeing to marry. It was... strange for a long time. It took an entire year, before something actually sparked between you both, and love actually formed between you both.

Your mother was relieved to see it happen, as she watched her daughter and her husband actually fall in love. She had a feeling it would happen, and she was right.

A while later, you were feeling... rather off. Something had been off for a while now, and it was about your body. Your emotions seem to change quicker, and your stomach felt... hard when you pressed on it. You rushed yourself to the healers, only to hear you were expecting a child! Your husband was away from Lucis with the rest of soldiers- whom you had only met once briefly, and they were pleasant enough and kind to you- so you went to the next people who came to mind. Jase, the warriors three, Deve, Cypher, and Sinsei. However you requested to keep the pregnancy secret until you could tell your husband. You found it unfair if the kingdom knew before the father himself.

Luckily, you did not have to wait long, as Regis came back shortly, and you rushed to him as soon as you saw him, and blurted he was going to be a father, in which Regis literally swooped you off your feet with joy.

The months in your pregnancy were a mix of emotions. Your husband being the drama queen- my apologies- King, he is, he made everything a big deal. If you showed any discomfort, he'd instantly worry and demand you get some rest. If the baby kicked, he'd beg to feel and would excited kick and stamp his own legs in excitement, and didn't even realise he was doing it which made you smile. He made a small stop by to tell his friends that his wife was pregnant, and he took you down there just so they could fuss you for a few hours, before taking you back home.

As you entered the palace and saw Noctis playing with his friends, Prompto, Ignis, and Gladiolus. Regis looked at you and nodded, soon he walked towards Noctis and the boys to tell them that that you're expecting a baby girl. Once he told the boys, Noctis' widened his eyes at the news and nodded happily while smiling.

As your tummy swelled, Regis was more consistent on your wellbeing. A healer was always on standby in case, especially when you were due any day.

Eventually, your extremely large tummy couldn't take it anymore, and you went into labour. Because of Regis spending almost every second with you except in meetings and training, he was there when it happened, and he escorted you quickly to your bed to prepare.

The kingdom was told that soon a new heir would be birthed soon, and they were all on tenterhooks, and wished you well in your birth and good health. Because of your status, you had the best healers by your side, but your labour was still long, and the kingdom worried something was wrong. No one was allowed in the room except your husband and those assisting you, and Regis' friends waited eagerly outside so they could deliver the news while he stayed with you.

Eventually the warriors three and Jase came from outside your door with grins on their faces, and told the news, which spread like wildfire. You had given the kingdom one heir. A daughter, which you called Amandla. The kingdom was in joy at the news, especially your husband, and Noctis.

So here you are now. Regis held your daughter. You sat on either side of the bed, where Cypher laid, still asleep. "Cypher... we hope you can hear us... we bring news... I am a father of one. We hope you wake up soon so you can properly meet them." Regis told him. You sent him a sad smile, Cypher had some sort of sleeping disorder.

Though everyone still worried over Cypher, they knew that their kingdom was in safe hands with Regis as their king, you as their queen, and your two beautiful children, Noctis and Amandla.