XV • Gladiolus

“Glass & Patron”

Warning – Explicit Language, Graphic, [Probably Offense to reader]

°°°

Joining a group at 8 years old seems… cool to some people, but trust me… it's not what it seems.

The pink and orange sky of Numbis was seen due to the sun-setting, I looked at the street lights, the light was still off, I sighed in relief, I was roller skating around the neighborhood with my only friend, Dairou. I tried to put the on the skaters but it didn't work, it was my first. I ended up falling on the concrete ground, my spine and my bottom hurt, I inhaled in terrible pain making a squeal come out my mouth loudly, “My bum!” I cried as I rolled to my side holding my bottom softly and gently.

Dairou's eyes widened, “What do you mean ‘My bum’?!” His Russian accent yelled out due to nervously. I whimpered, “My ass, you meanie!” I screamed, then I realize I've curse, I whined and started apologizing to the Greek Gods.

Dairou carefully lifted me up, I look up at the street level light again, it just turned itself on, “I'll see you tomorrow, Dai." I said as I left rolling with my skate, and a injured behind.

As I walked to the front door, I saw a tall man dressed with a black cloak and heavy looking clothing. I just looked at him, “Who are you?” I asked. He just looked at me, “I'm here to talk to Mr. Kross.” he respond.

And me being an idiot, I opened the door letting us in. I called out for my mom, as soon as my mom came out her plates of cookies dropped to the floor. I glanced over the man, he started to smiled, he took out his dagger and flew it towards my… mother. My eyes followed the dagger and it ended on my mother's chest. Her body froze and soon collapsed.

I just looked at the man with no expression, he slowly walked towards my mother taking out the dagger, he soon sighed while cleaning his blade with the kitchen sink, “You know, it's not my intention to this in front of you, but your father should've seen this coming.” he stated, silence took over the air, I just looked at my mother's resting body.

My eyes shot back towards the man as he spoke, “If you still feel rage about it, I'll will be waiting.” he finished and walked away. I looked at my mother once again, I slowly walked towards her and kneeled down, my hands run through her beautiful hair, I then placed my fingertips on her eyebrows and dragged my fingers down to close her eyes.

I heard a gasp from behind me, “(Name), what the devil has happened here?” he asked me, I turned around while getting up, “Some guy killed her.” I said trembling.

My father grabbed my wrist and took me to my room, “Pack. We're leaving.” he demanded. I clumsily fell on my knees, “Where we're going?” I asked. I heard him sigh, “Halcyon.” he responded. I nodded while packing, soon my thoughts started to hit me, ‘What's going to happen without mother, they say a mother is better than a father.’ I thought as I finished.

My father was already in the car, my small form climbed onto the back seat, I put on my seatbelt. He quickly drove off, my little mind was innocent.

Until I've started to remember again, my mind wasn't so stupid.

Being part of TORN is a really huge deal, we had more than school hours of training. The place looked white, but the technology was on the spot, the weapons…

Well, the weapons are the best part I've ever had to do, I went with a two in one sword, and it was perfect, I would always fool my opponents thinking the weapon is just a stick.